Sign in to follow this  
ericbolt

Water Texture Issue

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like a rendering issue.  If you put your sim on pause, will the black eventually go away?  It means a setting(s) is too high and your system is struggling to render the water immediately.

If I am not completely wrong, this can happen if you have the option "frozen surfaces" ticked in FTX Vector...

I have the same issue for some time now and sort of gave up on this. Frozen surfaces is not ticked, and it does not happen randomly, but always in the same places.

I am sure it´s related to ORBX sceneries in some way, but I will not fly without. If anyone has found a solution here, I would be happy, too.

Regards,

Heavy

Have you posted this in the Orbx forum?

I've seen the frozen surface option cause this, not sure what else can but they would certainly know.

If it is not related to the "frozen surface" option, I would start off with deleting the shaders and see if this helps? Do you guys mabye use a custom PTA or Envshade preset?

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

If it is not related to the "frozen surface" option, I would start off with deleting the shaders and see if this helps? Do you guys mabye use a custom PTA or Envshade preset?

I've seen lots of chatter on such things but I don't use any PTA or shaders.... don't understand the problem they are supposedly fixing.  What has Orbx offered as help?

I have the exact issue.   It only occurred after I installed Orbx NA airport pack. 

Prior to that, all water texture loading was fine, so it (surely?) cannot be a resources issue.  Those airports use a miniscule amount of system resources vs. a large fully rendered airport.

If you do not use any modified shaders, it would still be a good idea to delete those shaders once to see if it helps...