Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Human Flight (Insane Wingsuit Flying)

I don't know how I feel about wingsuits, nowadays.

At first, I thought they were the coolest things ever, but as the years have gone by and the deaths mounted, I watch wingsuit videos with a combination of near-vertigo and awed appreciation of the sheer guts on display, combined with the same spike of semi-dread one feels when spotting an impending accident just a second too late to yell a warning.

I would never want to impinge on people's rights to do these things, at the same time as I wonder if some "sports" are simply too dangerous.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

"Insane" suicidal maniacs. Now what was that at 4:30? 2 Cessnas in a midair collision.:ohmy:

13 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Now what was that at 4:30? 2 Cessnas in a midair collision.:ohmy:

Yes.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Those folks in the 'flying suits' are just stone cold nuts! I have to wonder how the heck they "land" though. Somehow I don't think one's nose would make a good landing skid. :huh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So Bill, have you convinced Milviz that a P3d flying suit should be their next aircraft? Imagine that when VR resolution comes of age. :wink:

Too late

Devons rig

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Those folks in the 'flying suits' are just stone cold nuts! I have to wonder how the heck they "land" though. Somehow I don't think one's nose would make a good landing skid. :huh:

I guess they use parachutes... well except this guy.

That's not flying, it's just gliding so always falling even though under control iff you do it right. Still severely NUTS, But that's youth. 

Cheers,