Sign in to follow this  
Merlin59

Autopilot VS mode?

I bought this plane when it first came out. Last night I realized that there was a new version. So I downloaded it. All is well but the vs mode on the autopilot. Yesterday I could hit vs mode dial in the amount of climb or descent with no issue. It would climb or descend to the preset level and level out. Today with the new version it just keeps right on climbing or descending and doesn't stop. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't use GTN 750 so it's all default. If I'm doing any thing wrong help would be appreciated. However yesterday and another version what I was doing worked.

I've got the same, using the GTN750.
Also the altitude alerter doesn't sound anymore

I'm not sure yet if it happens every time or only under special circumstances.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Strange... mine (GTN version) seems to operate correctly.

Bert

Bert is yours 1.1? It works sometimes if I use the virtual cockpit switches but never on the shift+2 pop up window. Flying another flight now. Second in a row and set altitude for 15000. Cruised right by and I had to reign it in. Thing is I flew it all day yesterday with 1.0 and never had a problem. Thinking of rolling my version back if it keeps it up. What other fixes would I lose in the process? Thanks!

Strange, yes mine is 1.1.

Does the ADI indicate ALTS?

And do you fly in VS mode?

Bert

When I take off, I have my autopilot set. I have been using gps and basically just doing simple direct to flight plans. I save the complicated ones for my Dash-8 from Majestic. I then set vs and dial the amount of climb I want to maintain. Yesterday and before, when it achieved the altitude I had set prior it leveled out from there. Today it would just keep climbing and I would have to set the altitude hold button. It's not a killer but frankly annoying. Strange to that it changed from one version to another. I don't know which is realistic, I just know yesterday's version seemed more reliable to me. If you are aware of something I'm not doing right pease feel free to tell me. I'm clueless. Which is not that unusual actually. Thanks!😀 Oh before I forget, my last flight I used vnav and that seemed to work without a hitch.

Edited by Merlin59

I fly the GTN equipped SF340.. is that what you fly?

Bert

There may be some differences..

Bert

Just got an email from Carenado. They say they hadn't noticed before I brought it up but they are sending it to the developers for fixing. So I guess they must be aware of it now. Thanks for all the help and I'll keep flying it till I see a fix. It's not a terrible flaw anyway. Just annoying.

Did you check your ADI if it said ALTS? (Like Bert mentioned). Occasionally when you set your VS, it wont set it to ALTS, so it will continue passed the assigned altitude. I've found it usually sets on ALTS if you edit the altitude knob and then VS.

Edited by futurebreadmachine

I'll give it a check on my next flight and see. From my email from Carenado they must have checked and seen a problem though. Thanks a bunch!

4 hours ago, futurebreadmachine said:

Did you check your ADI if it said ALTS? 

Yes, even with ALTS displaying it doesn't level off nor sounds the altitude alterter

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I am currently flying the 340. Yes can say that it says ALTS. Thing is it worked. Leveled out just as planned. So I don't know what is up. I did everything the same as yesterday. Proving it works but must be mental. 😁 I get the altitude alerter sounds with no issues