Sign in to follow this  
skelsey

Obituary: Eric Ernst

Indeed, the FS world lost a pioneer in the high fidelity desktop airliner sim genre, but most tragically, Eric left his family at such a young age...

I remember going to the local Micro Center and buying a box of the Wilco 767PIC for FS2000 and it was such an amazing simulation--the team led by Eric showed that a desktop computer can accurately model a complex airliner with a fully functional AP and FMC!  

Thanks to Eric and his team's efforts, we have a thriving hobby for learning and flying complex aircraft--making flying and learning aircraft systems accessible to everyone who dreams of flight.

box.jpg

https://www.avsim.com/pages/0301/767pic/pic.html

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Sad to hear.

Eric was the first to set a very high standard for cockpits.
For a long time, all other panels were matched against his masterpiece

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I am speechless -  my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

In May 1998 I programmed my first gauge ever for his Freeware FS98 767 panel. It was a pleasure for me to work with him. He was a perfectionist, and I have learned a lot from him.

RiP Eric

Chris Koegler