Sign in to follow this  
ksangree

P2A XP-11 Cannot Change COM Frequency

I am running X-PLane 11 and the 10 day P2A trial. Everything was working yesterday, but tonight I was unable to change the COM frequency. Clicking in the NAV area brings up the 'change NAV frequency' dialog, but not for the COM radio. I have tried clicking everywhere but to no avail. I can click and switch between the active and standby frequencies, but can not get the COM frequency dialog to appear.

I was also having trouble getting the SayIt dropdowns to open. I tried selecting "Always On Top" and that fixed the dropdown problem, but I still can not active the COM frequency dialog.

Just as background, I have been flight simming for decades with MSFS but am brand new to both XP11 and P2A.

Any ideas?

Edited by ksangree
Removed extra "?"

When P2A is running "On Top" with X-Plane, some of the dialog windows, including the Com window, get hidden behind the P2A main window.

The workaround is to move the Main Window over, find the Com window and position it somewhere away from the main window.  Then, the next time you open it, it will open in that new position.

The next update will have it open away from the main window to avoid this problem.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. I have tried every configuration I can think of:: X-Plane in windowed and full screen, A2P 'Always on Top' turned on and off, ect. The funny thing is, when I hit <alt><tab> and get a list of windows, the COM dialog can be seen in the list, but I can't select it. I tried right-clicking on the task bar and selecting 'Cascade Windows' and 'Show Side by Side' and nothing so far has made the elusive dialog visible. Weird. The NAV frequency dialog works every time regardless of the screen setup.

Perhaps an uninstall/reinstall might help? Maybe something got stuck in a config file or the registry. I'll give that a try when I get time.

I have gotten around the problem by having the copilot set the frequencies for me (which I like better anyway) so for now, this isn't a critical issue because I never fly VFR. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

It could be that the window has been "lost" on a phantom screen.  This happens quite often in multi-screen setups.

If you can see the Com Window when you hover over the Task Bar icon, then you can move up to it and right-click and choose "Move".  Then hit any of the arrow keys to start the move and move the mouse to bring it into sight.  This can happen to any Windows window and happens to me all the time.

Dave

That sounds entirely plausible. I thought I tried that already but maybe I didn't. Let me give that a try and I'll let you know how I make out.

Yep... that was it. The COM dialog somehow got placed on monitor 3. Somewhat problematic when I only have two monitors connected. Thanks again for the help. I purchased a license tonight and am look forward to using it. Great product!

why wont my coms frequencies change automaically  i have xpuicp installed using xplane 11

i had working ok once before but now no longer works 

any ideas???

Not sure what you mean by "...change automatically".

There are some aircraft that do not allow external programs to change the Com Frequencies, so if flying one of those, you may need to change the Com Freq in the cockpit.  Try using the default X-Plane Baron or Cessna 172 to see if it works with these.  IF so, it is likely the airplane.

Dave