Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

Majestic forum down?

9 hours ago, crosswind said:

There really isn't any silence, the forum simply is not up and running, and the Facebook page has advised that the AVSIM forum be used in the meantime.

Thank you Crosswind...good to know and happy that Majestic is  here and alive.

I did not see the announcement in the Facebook page, so my fault, nonetheless if you annouced that you were going to use the AVSIM forum in this period, I personally would have written a specific topic here. 15 days + without a word for an active forum like the Majestic forum to me is a sort of silence. 😉.

9 hours ago, crosswind said:

No-one from Majestic has stated anything about authentications being affected.  The main reason the website was re-instated first was to ensure the use of our authentication system for new purchases and re-installations.

There really isn't any silence, the forum simply is not up and running, and the Facebook page has advised that the AVSIM forum be used in the meantime.  When the forum is returned to service, I'll be sure to make another official announcement.

Like others glad to hear all is well at Majestic, but can I just mention that some of us oldun's have real friends and so don't all use Facetube :biggrin:

• Like 3

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Like others glad to hear all is well at Majestic, but can I just mention that some of us oldun's have real friends and so don't all use Facetube :biggrin:

+1 :wink:

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

On 6/14/2018 at 5:04 AM, BrianT said:

Some people still use a landline too, but most use a smartphone. I find info on the Facebook forums dedicated to flight sims, of which there are many, sometimes in minutes, where waiting for an answer  on a forum could take days. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some people still use a landline too, but most use a smartphone. I find info on the Facebook forums dedicated to flight sims, of which there are many, sometimes in minutes, where waiting for an answer  on a forum could take days. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting you shouldn't use facebook. I choose not to use social media as I find it probably the most antisocial thing ever invented. but that's a whole other debate

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

3 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting you shouldn't use facebook. I choose not to use social media as I find it probably the most antisocial thing ever invented. but that's a whole other debate

Some people feel the same way about television. Back to the original topic. There is a wealth of information on the Majestic forum that won't be available on the AVsim forum, which is a shame. I wonder why Majestic isn't fixing it. Hope they are not running into a financial problem. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is a wealth of information on the Majestic forum that won't be available on the AVsim forum, which is a shame. I wonder why Majestic isn't fixing it. Hope they are not running into a financial problem. 

I agree it is ashame that the information is not mirrored, but bear in mind that this Unofficial forum was granted to us when we first launched the Q400 and had a server meltdown.  We were certainly thankful to Tom Allensworth for jumping to our aid, and this forum has been a go to spot for many who prefer not get onboard with the MJC forum, plus its easier especially if you are an AVsim user.

Now you state "why are we not fixing the problem", has someone told you this from Majestic?  I nor the Boss have made an announcement of this nature, and if this were the case we would have come forthwith and made an official announcement about the permanent closing of the forum and or of potentially closing our doors if there was a financial issue.

The Forum:
We have been working on re-instating it, but have run into some issues with platform that we used originally.  We are looking into possible alternatives to get this up and going hence the reason lengthy delay.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

I agree it is ashame that the information is not mirrored, but bear in mind that this Unofficial forum was granted to us when we first launched the Q400 and had a server meltdown.  We were certainly thankful to Tom Allensworth for jumping to our aid, and this forum has been a go to spot for many who prefer not get onboard with the MJC forum, plus its easier especially if you are an AVsim user.

Now you state "why are we not fixing the problem", has someone told you this from Majestic?  I nor the Boss have made an announcement of this nature, and if this were the case we would have come forthwith and made an official announcement about the permanent closing of the forum and or of potentially closing our doors if there was a financial issue.

The Forum:
We have been working on re-instating it, but have run into some issues with platform that we used originally.  We are looking into possible alternatives to get this up and going hence the reason lengthy delay.

Cheers

Having been a forum member for decades with various forums dating back to the old Usenet, having a forum be down for a few hours is typical , a day or two at most. Down for a well over  a week almost two , I have never seen. Couple that with no information on when it  will be back from Majestic , is troubling ( I must have missed the facebook post, and I post on  and visit that page all the time.) . 

Edited by Bobsk8

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Having been a forum member for decades with various forums dating back to the old Usenet, having a forum be down for a few hours is typical , a day or two at most. Down for a well over  a week almost two , I have never seen. Couple that with no information on when it  will be back from Majestic , is troubling ( I must have missed the facebook post, and I post on  and visit that page all the time.) . 

Well, it'll be down until we find a valid solution to the issue.  In the meantime, topics are available now as READ ONLY on the MJC forum, but if one has to post/or seek assistance the use of the AVsim forum will be required at this time.  In my official message on the MJCQ-400 page, I did not give a return to service date especially not knowing what we were up against when the server failed.

Bear in mind that the site/page you post on frequently is not the  Official Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 Facebook page, which is not affiliated with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 page......sounds a bit confusing, but the official page has the full title Majestic Software, where the unofficial page us just Majestic Dash 8.

Cheers

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

17 minutes ago, crosswind said:

Bear in mind that the site/page you post on frequently is not the  Official Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 Facebook page, which is not affiliated with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 page......sounds a bit confusing, but the official page has the full title Majestic Software, where the unofficial page us just Majestic Dash 8.

Cheers

I took a look this evening and realized the Facebook page I was posting on was not the official majestic page. Hope you have luck getting this going again.