Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Piper Cheyenne is released.

Guest JSPuonti

Thank you for that great comparison Kurt! I was left with a couple of questions that you might be able to answer:1) You said that there are a couple of significant bugs in the Cheyenne - are all of them "mistakes" in how the plane operates or are there also such that can crash FS9?2) You said the Cheyenne comes with a configuration tool to tweak the plane for better performance (framerate-wise). Does this tool have options to forego the virtual cabin?3) I know that there's a definite link between processing power and how well the VC performs, as in, when you go below a certain level of performance you're bound to get a bad VC experience. However, above that line it DOES matter how the developer goes about designing their VC as Dominique said. So, in your experience and on your machine, can you tell which plane's gauges update more often per second? (assuming there's enough of a difference to tell by merely looking at them in motion). It's usually pretty easy to tell if the needles update, say, 16 times a second vs. 4 times a second. One's acceptable and the other's less so.4) Does the Cheyenne come with Aerosoft's new, "less intrusive" copy protection? (meaning no online unlocking required and no unlock counters - just download the installer and buy the key from either SimMarket or Aerosoft)Thanks again for taking the time to report your thoughts on the Cheyenne :)

Dominique,You're right, of course...what I meant (but apparently wasn't clear on) was that the user's system will have a large effect on the smoothness of the instrumentation...my system may be tuned a bit better or worse than another's. Again, your mileage may vary.Janne,1) I don't think there's anything that will crash FS9. The only thing I would consider a bug would be the CDI problem...the CDI needle operates the reverse of the way it should when the NAV1 radio is the source. Once you understand that, you can fly the airplane. I just flew a coupled approach and the bird flew beautifully. I do have a couple things I'll ask about on the Digital Aviation forum, as Hans and his team are probably focusing their attention there and I'd like to give them the chance to respond.2) Yes, you can remove the VC and the cabin, if you wish.3) I'd say that the two VCs are pretty close to each other. On my machine, both are definitely flyable from the VC exclusively.4) Yes. I purchased the Cheyenne at simmarket, and the setup was as simple as entering my e-mail address and cutting and pasting the key. Regards,Kurt

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest JSPuonti

Kurt,Thanks for clearing those items up! :)I like flying from the VC but usually the virtual cabin gets very few looks from me after the initial inspection. Being able to remove the virtual cabin while keeping the VC is a good feature.

>1) I don't think there's anything that will crash FS9. The>only thing I would consider a bug would be the CDI>problem...the CDI needle operates the reverse of the way it>should when the NAV1 radio is the source. Once you understand>that, you can fly the airplane. I just flew a coupled>approach and the bird flew beautifully. I do have a couple>things I'll ask about on the Digital Aviation forum, as Hans>and his team are probably focusing their attention there and>I'd like to give them the chance to respond.Looking at their forum they are already aware of this problem. http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/viewtopic.php?t=2656Maybe you could let them know of any other problems you find. I have this beautifull bird but at the moment I'm lacking the time to fly it :-(

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest HartmannH

> How many Vcockpit sections does Cheyenne panel.cfg have?Only 1.BTW: XML animated gauges in the VC are quite nice, but if you look at the RealAir Spitfire, you will notice that the instruments that use this technique are rather simple ones. I'm not saying that it's not possible to do it with an ADI or HSI as in the Cheyenne but it's certainly some job...

Guest HartmannH

Yes, we are aware of it. A first service pack will follow on Monday and include all the things that come up over the weekend (unfortunately there's no such thing as a perfect beta test ;) )

Guest HartmannH

The paintkit is temporarily available from our server:http://www.digital-aviation.de/PA31T_Paintkit.zipBe aware that it's 100MB!From monday (07/10) on it'll be available at Aerosoft as we don't have the bandwidth to supply such a big file for a longer time.

>>Question to Cheyenne owners:>How many Vcockpit sections does Cheyenne panel.cfg have?>Yes, can someone make that count please, it's easy: Open panel.cfg and look for "VCockpit01", "VCockpit02" (in brackets) etc. and just count :-). More than two, and the "step-motion" starts:Fyi, some excamples:** (all newer), RealAir, Dreamfleet (B36, Baron), PMDG (747!, B1900C): 1 window :-beerchugFeelthere Legacy, Cloud9 MB399, default DC-3: 2 windows :-beerchugAeroworx B200, Flight1 Super 80: 4 windowsCS C-130: 11 windowsAerosoft A-10 (Worthhog): 14 windows!I don't now why I'm so focused on this, with relatively slow planes like these twin turbos you can make a fine instrument approach with say 4 windows like the Aeroworx B200, but it's definately cooler with RealityXP equipped 1 window VCs like Dreamfleets A-36 and Baron, which are totally smooth, or smooth MFDs in the PMDG 747 and Feelthere Legacy ...Eagle

Guest JSPuonti

>> How many Vcockpit sections does Cheyenne panel.cfg have?>>Only 1.Without seeing it in action I can't say anything definite, of course, but just *1* VCockpit entry sounds very promising :)Hans, can you give any definite information on the planned FSX patch for Cheyenne at this time? I'm interested if the FSX upgrade / version will be free for all previous Cheyenne customers?

>> How many Vcockpit sections does Cheyenne panel.cfg have?>>Only 1.>Sound promising, the instruments looks awesome, judged from the screenshots, and fantastic nightlighting too! Eagle

>> How many Vcockpit sections does Cheyenne panel.cfg have?>>Only 1.Thanks Hans.Now i think i'm gonna give it a try (-:

Regards,

Radek

what about fsx compability? any future patch will be relasing?brds

Guest HartmannH

There will be an update (if necessary). I don't know when though. Depends a bit on when FS X becomes availble and how big the differences to FS2004 are.

Guest JSPuonti

Just in case my question went amiss - will the FSX update, if any, be free to all previous Cheyenne customers? :)

Guest JIMJAM

At $25 to $30 I would give it a try but at $38, I think its priced to high.