Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

MCE flows for QW 787

Just bought the QW787 for P3D.

just wondering if anyone has been able to create any flows and are willing to share.

From a real ops or virtual airline perspective, I have the default flows that came with MCE. Similar to David's NGX flows

Thanks so much.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

just wondering if anyone has been able to create any flows and are willing to share.

From a real ops or virtual airline perspective, I have the default flows that came with MCE. Similar to David's NGX flows

Thanks so much.

You may want to ask Bruno (forum user Bakerman). He's making his own VA inspired flows

See this thread

Bruno is unfortunately a little bit stuck with the 787 flows. Since the FO can't control the Display Units (yet)
I could try it in FSX, but this graphic in the old sim is holding me back from doing so!
And there is x-plane also witch is getting my attention more and more!

Sometimes we have just a to big playground 😉

Bruno

Bruno 

On 6/23/2018 at 5:26 PM, ozflyer said:

Thanks so much.

I’m looking for this too. The default flows seem to have the pilot monitoring / first officer doing almost all the cockpit preparation. I would have thought there’d be a little bit more for the pilot flying to do, at least with some airlines. I’ve searched for real life flows to be able to base it on, but haven’t had much luck. Hopefully someone might know a source.

I appreciate the pilot monitoring can’t control the checklists at the moment, but that’s easy enough to handle. 

5 hours ago, randomravings said:

I’m looking for this too. The default flows seem to have the pilot monitoring / first officer doing almost all the cockpit preparation. I would have thought there’d be a little bit more for the pilot flying to do, at least with some airlines. I’ve searched for real life flows to be able to base it on, but haven’t had much luck. Hopefully someone might know a source.

I appreciate the pilot monitoring can’t control the checklists at the moment, but that’s easy enough to handle. 

This is actually by design.

The purpose is to give you an idea about the speech commands required to activate specific switches. That's also why the flows are set to "verbose" by default. Obviously no real world Fo comments on everything he does. Switch "verbose" OFF for a particular flow, and every action will be performed silently.

Once you realize the flows aren't set in stone, just go through each one of them, then select and remove any action you deem is your area of responsibility.

You can also add tasks (not listed) for Fo to perform.

That way, you'll have "shared cockpit" on your terms, as your airline dictates, and not as per "we do it this way because our fictive consultant pilot says it's done that way.

This is speech recognition intelligently applied to flight simulators folks (I mean all MCE users). A fully interactive crew simulation.

Time to get rid of that mindset where a timer running in the background dictates what you say and when.

And then judge your ability by how consistently you can mimic that same behaviour.

That would be "robotic speech coercion", no matter how you dress it up with "nice audio".

More important is the current inability for Fo to handle ECL in P3D V4 (works nicely in FSX), as a real world pilot would do. And we are waiting for a breakthrough on that.

Edited by FS++