Sign in to follow this  
jotafl

Weather Radar Version Issue [SOLVED]

Hello PMDG, been having an issue with the wx radar for the 737NGX since updating to P3Dv4.2, now updated P3Dv4.3. For some reason the wx radar stopped working, I have search and don't think too many people are having this issue except a few and the answer is always the same that you have to make sure there is precipitation in order for the wx radar to display returns. I do understand that and for some reason that is no the issue. Yesterday I did a fly from CLT to ATL and it was heavy rain and nothing will show up. I am using AS2016 for P3D and yesterday installed the gauge just to make sure precipitation is being display in the AS gauge and it was.

Today I decided to search for bad weather and found it at Bradley International Airport BDL. I put my PMDG in the active runway with AS active and it was pouring. Nothing on the 737 radar. I checked the AS gauge and it was showing heavy precipitation as expected.

I then quit P3D and started a new session, this time I loaded the PMDG777 and the radar was showing the return. (Same location except 3-5 minutes later.) Attached are some pictures of the AS gauge, PMDG738 Radar (empty) and then the PMDG777 radar with the precipitation return.

Not sure if I need to do a repair, uninstall and then reinstall again but trying to see if I can solve the problem without having to go through that route as it may cause more problems. If you need any other information from me, please do let me know.

Below are the versions I am using.

P3DV4.3
PMDG737-8900 1.20.8465
PMDG777-200LRF 1.10.8448
AS for P3Dv4 1.0.6517.34864

Thank you for your help.

Links of images (was trying to insert image from url but it was not working).

AS gauge - https://www.dropbox.com/s/sifes0iulwiyyzp/1.JPG?dl=0

PMDG737 radar - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y40bn4ft1wbsvu/2.JPG?dl=0

PMDG777 radar - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tu8wjg09wf3ee3/3.JPG?dl=0

Jay Marin

You are way behind on keeping ASP4 up to date, the current beta required for P3Dv4.3 is Build 6750.  Updating ASP4 is a good place to start your troubleshooting.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

When I troubleshoot first thing I do is to make sure I have all the latest version of the software. I do have the latest version for AS which is 6752, for some reason CCleaner is showing that internal version but it is the latest version.

Edited by jotafl
Add

Jay Marin

Hey Dan thank you for opening up my curiosity with that version thing. After further checking I decided to remove the AS and downloaded the latest full version, after installing it CCLeaner will show this time 1.0.6641.21513, however, after installing the latest version which is 6752 CCleaner still shows 6641, I think if you don't remove the program completely it will show the original version installed w/o the updates. For some reason now the radar is working again, maybe a bad file on the directory or something? I have no clue but finally I have it working again.

Disregard this post PMDG. 🙂

Jay Marin

And don‘t trust than much in CCleaner... it can easily screw up your FS addons in a second...

get your version information from the programs themselves

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the advise Marc, have been using CCleaner for more than 10 years and never have encountered a problem with addons or removing programs but I guess you have had bad experience with it and hence I'll be more careful. 😉

Jay Marin

16 hours ago, jotafl said:

Thanks for the advise Marc, have been using CCleaner for more than 10 years and never have encountered a problem with addons or removing programs but I guess you have had bad experience with it and hence I'll be more careful. 😉

Not me, no. I‘ve never had it on my flight sim PC.  But I‘ve read about it a lot of times in several forums and it often came down to CCleaner to have deleted something they actually had needed.. lucky you, but just be careful. 🙂