Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

QW787 in 4.3

Dont worry to much . Its pretty good for the buck ,also with textures at 4K.

Its becomming my weekends at the moment.

Right now doing the KDEN-LFPG as NLH7176 in the 787-9 on Vatsim

I do have doubts about the handling though. It feels much heavier than the 777

Thanks Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

15 hours ago, joemiller said:

Thanks David. And believe me...  I believe you. The aircraft looks amazing and very high-tech.  I've seen lots of videos of this QW 787. I would say the 777 is, well outdated and antique compared to the  787 . But wait.. it's not PMDG's fault-  it's Boeing's.  :laugh:

- I would so love to see the Airbus A-350. mmm mmm.. that's another beauty in its class. For now we can only dream that someone out there would be willing to take such a challenge.. Perhaps FSL or Aerosoft, or even BBS?  Hopefully!  That would be amazing! 

So apparently, the texture-banding issue @night  (or dark) is real as I've seen online. No one posted a screen-shot as I requested; perhaps cause it is real. But anyway , at least QW is aware of it and is working on a fix. I believe by then, I will certainly purchase it. Currently, I can "see" everyone on the QW 787  and the PMDG 777 has been forgotten (it's a joke guys; please don't jump off an airplane) lol 

Good day. 

Hi Joe.

I messed around with the P3d time feature. I tried all hours of dusk to darkness, at EGLL. I couldn't see any graphical glitches in the virtual cockpit. I found the dome light was u/s at night, but the storm light was ok. Cockpit lighting is adequate, it would be nice to be able to adjust the HUD, but it's not a killer as it is. The brightness of the Mfd's can be adjusted, globally from a menu in the flight deck, so it's customisable. I ran with the wx radar on the FO side mfd and it was stable. 

I did another repeat flight today and got similar satisfactory results. Frame rate at EGLL was very low, but flyable. But hey that's not a well optimised airport add on, (on my system) compared to the Flight Beam airports which give great framerates! Sadly they are all in the USA.

My next exploration will be in the manual VOR tuning and see if I can fly this modern wonder, in the old fashioned way....VOR to VOR?  The fly by wire is comfortable to hand fly.

I think QW got the balance right with this sim. The manuals are well written for easy, friendly reading and assume no prior experience of flying complex airliners. It's a cross between FSL (Heavy on systems, heavy on PC's) and Aerosoft ( done from a pure pilots experience). I wish them success with this sim and if they get a good sales response, no doubt will activate the missing features in the aircraft. 

Did I mention I fly with an AI first officer? Yup, MCE works well, so if you fly offline, you can have your FO work the radios in RC4!😁

Regards.

David