Pablojc

QW-787 module beta

Posted (edited)

Hi Andrew

First of all, thanks for this update for the QW-787.

I recently installed it and everything is fine but after assigning buttons and switches in my Saitek panels, I have 4 seconds of delay in the execution.
What could be happening?

I'm using Linda v3.05, W7-64 / FSX

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What functions have you allocated to the Switch Panel? Please email me your config-hid.lua file in /modules/linda-cfg/Aircraft/qw787 to LINDA @ awginfosys.net (without spaces). 

Hi Pablo

I found an error in a switch line call that was delaying the Landing light operation. This will be fixed in next release.

If you experience any other 'delayed' responses please follow the fault diagnosis thread procedure (to active Verbose logging) and email me the fsuipcX.log file. Errors are displayed in read and include line numbers that will point me straight to any processing errors.

10 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

What functions have you allocated to the Switch Panel? Please email me your config-hid.lua file in /modules/linda-cfg/Aircraft/qw787 to LINDA @ awginfosys.net (without spaces). 

I already sent the file.

Regards

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Pablo

I found an error in a switch line call that was delaying the Landing light operation. This will be fixed in next release.

If you experience any other 'delayed' responses please follow the fault diagnosis thread procedure (to active Verbose logging) and email me the fsuipcX.log file. Errors are displayed in read and include line numbers that will point me straight to any processing errors.

Hi Andrew,

fsuipcX.log file send.

The delay problem, is with all buttons and switches. Pressing several buttons in succession increases the response delay.

Again, thank you for your time.

Regards

Pablo

Posted (edited)

The problem is linked to my adding the switch sounds to the QW787 module v0.2 beta. Download and install LINDA 3.0.6 to correct the delay issue. Let me know how you get on.

UPDATE: There are some delays in QW787 switch operations, especially, when you operate them in quick succession (as is possible with the Switch Panel). This is because extra ipc.sleep() delays have had to be added to ensure the switches operate correctly. All inputs will be queued and actioned in order.

Edited by ScotFlieger

7 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

The problem is linked to my adding the switch sounds to the QW787 module v0.2 beta. Download and install LINDA 3.0.6 to correct the delay issue. Let me know how you get on.

UPDATE: There are some delays in QW787 switch operations, especially, when you operate them in quick succession (as is possible with the Switch Panel). This is because extra ipc.sleep() delays have had to be added to ensure the switches operate correctly. All inputs will be queued and actioned in order.

With Linda 3.0.6 now everything works Ok.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Pablo

Its very hard to set the altitude. with the MCP1. Even when I delete the alt incfast  and alt decfast, I am unable to catch the required Altitude, It jumps by thousand then by hundred and vice versa.

And so it does with every other AP knob.

This is an issue with the QW787 implementation. Change the knob assignments to _inc or _dec only removing the _incfast and _decfast. Also set the auto/1000 rotary switch to 1000.

Hello everyone,

Another error that must be corrected in Linda_action.lua is:

- $$ Runway Light Both

function QW_OH_LT_Both_RWYTF_on ()
     QW_OH_LT_L_RWYTF_on ()
     QW_OH_LT_R_RWYTF_on ()
end

function QW_OH_LT_Both_RWYTF_off ()
     QW_OH_LT_L_RWYTF_off () The original is ON
     QW_OH_LT_R_RWYTF_off () the original is ON
end

regards

2 hours ago, Pablojc said:

Hello everyone,

Another error that must be corrected in Linda_action.lua is:

- $$ Runway Light Both

function QW_OH_LT_Both_RWYTF_on ()
     QW_OH_LT_L_RWYTF_on ()
     QW_OH_LT_R_RWYTF_on ()
end

function QW_OH_LT_Both_RWYTF_off ()
     QW_OH_LT_L_RWYTF_off () The original is ON
     QW_OH_LT_R_RWYTF_off () the original is ON
end

regards

Fixed in 0.4 beta. Many thanks.

Hi, Thanks for the module.  I have LINDA 3.07 everything is fine except one small item.  The APU start function.  No mater what button I assign, it will not move to the start, it will go to the off, but not the start.  I have QW OH ELE APU start, selected for the switch function.  I'm using FSX-SE on Win 7 64bit.

Thanks very much

Gnacino

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 10:59 AM, Gnacino said:

Hi, Thanks for the module.  I have LINDA 3.07 everything is fine except one small item.  The APU start function.  No mater what button I assign, it will not move to the start, it will go to the off, but not the start.  I have QW OH ELE APU start, selected for the switch function.  I'm using FSX-SE on Win 7 64bit.

Thanks very much

Gnacino

Hi Gnacino,

What type of external panel are you using to assign the buttons or switch?

In my case, I turn on the APU with my Saitek witch panel and it works fine.

Edited by Pablojc

I've used several panels GF,CH, and Saitek.  By accident, I found a solution,  I have to set a button to on, on the APU, and another button to start, then it will go to start but not without setting it on "on" first..

Gnacino

7 hours ago, Gnacino said:

I've used several panels GF,CH, and Saitek.  By accident, I found a solution,  I have to set a button to on, on the APU, and another button to start, then it will go to start but not without setting it on "on" first..

Gnacino

I have it set to 1 button in my Saitek throttle quadrant in this way in LINDA:

On Press-
QW OH ELE APU start

On Release-
QW OH ELE APU on

I hope it helps you.

regards

As mentioned, the QW787 APU start is a 2 stage operation. You need to first switch the APU on before selecting start. In future releases, I have modified the QW_OH_ELE_APU_start() function to check if the switch is off and select on before attempting to start.

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody.

I use Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog...

And i set APU button in my joistick throttle in LINDA:
On Press-
QW OH ELE APU on

On repeat

QW OH ELE APU start

On Release-
QW OH ELE APU off.

APU start not working. Button stuck on "APU on" position. Don`t know why?

Why "On repeat" is not working?((

Any ideas?

Edited by KVAZEMODO

Posted (edited)

Landing lights (HotasWarthog).

I set "all landing lights" on 1 button in my joistick in LINDA, but when i press a button lading lights are switching on one by one, not all at once. Need press a button 3 times to switch on all the landing lights.

Fuction QW_OH_LDG_ALL_on ()
    QW_OH_LDG_LEFT_on()
    QW_OH_LDG_NOSE_on()
    QW_OH_LDG_RIGH

Edited by ScotFlieger

8 hours ago, KVAZEMODO said:

Hello everybody.

I use Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog...

And i set APU button in my joistick throttle in LINDA:
On Press-
QW OH ELE APU on

On repeat

QW OH ELE APU start

On Release-
QW OH ELE APU off.

APU start not working. Button stuck on "APU on" position. Don`t know why?

Why "On repeat" is not working?((

Any ideas?

You can not use the functions on a single button as you describe. The sequence you use will turn the APU power on with OnPress and start it if the button is held. However, assign the APU off function to OnRelease will simply negate any attempt to start the APU. Either remove the OnRelease assignment or better still use the Cycle or Toggle functions. 

Note the 777 APU Start is only momentary ie. rotate to Start and release. The APU will continue its start up sequence. 

6 hours ago, KVAZEMODO said:

Landing lights (HotasWarthog).

I set "all landing lights" on 1 button in my joistick in LINDA, but when i press a button lading lights are switching on one by one, not all at once. Need press a button 3 times to switch on all the landing lights.

Fuction QW_OH_LDG_ALL_on ()
    QW_OH_LDG_LEFT_on()
    QW_OH_LDG_NOSE_on()
    QW_OH_LDG_RIGH

The ALL function is working correctly. A single OnPress call will call each in sequence (left, nose, right) with a short delay in between. This mimics the pilot moving each switch in turn. You should not need to press the button multiple times. 

19 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

The ALL function is working correctly. A single OnPress call will call each in sequence (left, nose, right) with a short delay in between. This mimics the pilot moving each switch in turn. You should not need to press the button multiple times. 

OK) May be something wrong. I`ll check it again, but in my case ALL function is switch on left Landing light only. Will check it and advise.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm. Just check it. I don`t know why, but when i press an ALL landing lights it switch on the left landing light only, when i press one more time it switch on the nose landing light, and finally, switch on the right landing light from the 3d time.

Linda settings below. May be it depends on the joystick?)) I am not sure. 

https://b.radikal.ru/b43/1808/dc/5edc755f0031.jpg

Edited by KVAZEMODO

Please edit actions.lua for QW787 (click on Edit and Actions.lua buttons) and search for Landing Lights _ALL functions. Insert ipc.sleep(100) after each line. This will allow a short delay allowing functions to be called cleanly.