Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

LittleNavmap - a couple of requests

Hi Alex,

I use LNM for every flight and love what it brings to flight sim. Unlike others I use it in a slightly different way - purely as a map so I can see the towns, cities and rivers I'm flying over. I already have a moving map program but enjoy what LNM offers.

Because of the way I use it I turn off all the navigation options and the Map Airspace option. Having to do this each time is becoming a little tiresome so I wonder if these selections could be saved in the user preferences?

My other request is to ask if it's possible for LNM to read the flight plan in P3D and load it automatically? This already happens with AS16 and it does lessen the workload.

Thanks very much for what you have provided to the community. :smile:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My other request is to ask if it's possible for LNM to read the flight plan in P3D and load it automatically? This already happens with AS16 and it does lessen the workload.

I am with you on this request too, Ray. I've just  started to try using LNM,but could not even get past stage 1 generating a FP. So, was hoping to create a FP within P3D then import it to LNM.

Rick,

I use PFPX to generate my plans rather than the option in P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Gents,

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Because of the way I use it I turn off all the navigation options and the Map Airspace option. Having to do this each time is becoming a little tiresome so I wonder if these selections could be saved in the user preferences?

Normally all is saved. Window layout, window visibility, map settings like the airspaces and whatnot. Check the options dialog on tab "Startup" if the top six checkboxes are checked. I tried to make the program remember almost all settings.

Let me know if something is not saved or missing.

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This is already planned but I don't know when, sorry. No issues for 2.2 collected yet.

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

I am with you on this request too, Ray. I've just  started to try using LNM,but could not even get past stage 1 generating a FP. So, was hoping to create a FP within P3D then import it to LNM.

Have a look at the tutorials that are linked in the help menu. These should help to get an idea how to quickly build a flight plan.

In general: Use the right click and the context menus. Right click on an airport in the search result table or on the map and select it as start or destination in the context menu. Then you can go to the main menu -> "Flight Plan" -> "Calculate low Altitude" (or whatever you like) or use the toolbar. This will give you a full flight plan.
Let me know if something is not clear.

Alex

@Ray Proudfoot

When I want to input a flightplan to LNM I use the "Flight Plan > New Flight Plan from Route Description" and then copy and paste from the PFPX flightplan (adding the dep and arr ICAO), then selecting the "Read Route Description" button.

Very quick and easy!

e.g.  ELLX N0180A160 DIK3X DIK M624 BUB Y28 HELEN HELE1A EHAM   (By copying from the PFPX flightplan it also automatically picks up Speed and Altitude) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

28 minutes ago, TonyD said:

@Ray Proudfoot

When I want to input a flightplan to LNM I use the "Flight Plan > New Flight Plan from Route Description" and then copy and paste from the PFPX flightplan (adding the dep and arr ICAO), then selecting the "Read Route Description" button.

Very quick and easy!

e.g.  ELLX N0180A160 DIK3X DIK M624 BUB Y28 HELEN HELE1A EHAM   (By copying from the PFPX flightplan it also automatically picks up Speed and Altitude) 

If LNM is on the same computer as P3D and PFPX that sounds like a good method. But I have PFPX on a laptop, LNM on a networked PC and P3D on another PC. Copy & paste is not an option which is why I load the plan instead.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@albar965, thanks. I’ll check tomorrow although I have looked in options already. Probably something I missed. I’ll report back.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

Gents,

Normally all is saved. Window layout, window visibility, map settings like the airspaces and whatnot. Check the options dialog on tab "Startup" if the top six checkboxes are checked. I tried to make the program remember almost all settings.

Let me know if something is not saved or missing.

Alex

Thanks Alex. I checked the option Load the map display saved settings. After turning off all the options I didn't want I exited and restarted. The display now looks as I want it. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rick,

I use PFPX to generate my plans rather than the option in P3D.

I have PFPX and have used it extensively in FSX-SE previously.

Thanks Alex for the heads-up. Will follow.

On 7/5/2018 at 6:41 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Alex. I checked the option Load the map display saved settings. After turning off all the options I didn't want I exited and restarted. The display now looks as I want it. :smile:

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it is working now.

Alex