Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

How do I uninstall TomatoShade?

I tried it, followed the YouTube tutorial and manuals, and I still did not like the outcome. Some aircraft it partially worked with, but over all it made most aircraft big shiney materials and make everything else really green and gross looking. I love the idea, but I am not at all educated in coding or game setting or graphics.

So how do I uninstall TomatoShade? Theres no tutorial that I can find, and I'm sure I'm the first to want to uninstall since everyone else is in love with it. 

Thanks!

Dmitri 

Head into TomatoShade -> Actions -> "Restore original shaders" and then just undo all the reflection profiles you've applied as well.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just what I have said for a loooong time. Some folks get every "magical promising " product out there  that when they come to realize, they have an authentic sim salad.  They add tomatoes, Fiber, Marble, PTA, Environment X, Banana Shader, URP,,EvShade, Lettuce Shade, Sweet FX, Sour Lights, etc,..etc..etc.  

And, after adding so many products it either breaks their sim or ends up with  very disappointing results.. with way too dark and/ or way too metal-blinding shine... Totally Unrealistic!

Personally, I just use PTA, AS2016, REX simulations, ORBX (and high quality scenery and airplanes).. and bam... smooth, beautiful, very natural looking, and high performance.

Just as in the "chasing the perfect FPS" dilemma:  "Stop chasing the perfect shades and colors as that is unrealistic. Just calibrate your monitor colors, get one high quality  shader such as PTA, adjust as necessary, and bam...  Done!

Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That seemed to do it! 

Thank you. 

Also Joe I can relate. I'm not making videos, I just wanna fly. And as cool as the reflections were with TomatoShade (where it reflected what was actually around the aircraft) I'd like to see it in a more noob-friendly product. 

I retract my statement. While I think the aircraft reflections are terrible, I love the color of the environment with tomato shade, and think it is very realistic. 

On 7/7/2018 at 12:49 AM, joemiller said:

Just what I have said for a loooong time. Some folks get every "magical promising " product out there  that when they come to realize, they have an authentic sim salad.  They add tomatoes, Fiber, Marble, PTA, Environment X, Banana Shader, URP,,EvShade, Lettuce Shade, Sweet FX, Sour Lights, etc,..etc..etc.  

And, after adding so many products it either breaks their sim or ends up with  very disappointing results.. with way too dark and/ or way too metal-blinding shine... Totally Unrealistic!

Personally, I just use PTA, AS2016, REX simulations, ORBX (and high quality scenery and airplanes).. and bam... smooth, beautiful, very natural looking, and high performance.

Just as in the "chasing the perfect FPS" dilemma:  "Stop chasing the perfect shades and colors as that is unrealistic. Just calibrate your monitor colors, get one high quality  shader such as PTA, adjust as necessary, and bam...  Done!

Cheers. 

Like going in a really good restaurant with a box of different spices and sauces, and when they serve you your dinner, start dumping 1/2 dozen different ingredients in it, and then complaining to the waiter that it tastes like crap. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi,

I am having the problem where after following the tips and I am having some problems. The Tomatoshade Shift+F2 menu is still there and I am having crashed which I think is caused by this. Please help!

Exactly the main reason I’m avoiding installing tomato shade. It looks great on YouTube, etc but I’m afraid I won’t like it and messes up my simulation. I haven’t “configured” anything in months and that’s great considering most people probably spend more time tweaking than flying. I used to be one of them and I want to avoid going back down that road