Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Hi .... having got sorted out with the 'how to' end of things with running the program, wonder what the consensus is regarding the look of the ortho on the ground .... I'm seeing anomalies which I've taken captures of and can be seen as per the links below. Interested to know if anyone  else seeing similar, and know any way of avoiding these .....???? 

1) Mallorca ..... ortho scenery stops short of the East end of the island though according to the map the whole island is covered by the 2 tiles ..... something else a litlle odd about this was the whole job only took between 2 & 3 hours to complete, which compares not at all with some of the mamoth time frames i've encountered for a single tile to be processed .... https://www.4shared.com/folder/i-UZIWaF/lepa.html

2) EGPK shows a dividing line between what looks like 2 seriously different colour palettes .......https://www.4shared.com/folder/weHJeXSN/EGPK.html

using exe version with BI17

Edited by AKStirling

12 hours ago, AKStirling said:

2) EGPK shows a dividing line between what looks like 2 seriously different colour palettes .......https://www.4shared.com/folder/weHJeXSN/EGPK.html

That seems to be due to a difference in satellite imagery. I get that on my tiles as well.

Edit: The satellite photos are sometimes taken at different times, resulting in the color difference. You'll see this a lot in tiles in many different areas.

Edited by euroau

On 7/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, AKStirling said:

Hi .... having got sorted out with the 'how to' end of things with running the program, wonder what the consensus is regarding the look of the ortho on the ground .... I'm seeing anomalies which I've taken captures of and can be seen as per the links below. Interested to know if anyone  else seeing similar, and know any way of avoiding these .....???? 

1) Mallorca ..... ortho scenery stops short of the East end of the island though according to the map the whole island is covered by the 2 tiles ..... something else a litlle odd about this was the whole job only took between 2 & 3 hours to complete, which compares not at all with some of the mamoth time frames i've encountered for a single tile to be processed .... https://www.4shared.com/folder/i-UZIWaF/lepa.html

using exe version with BI17

The second issue is due to the satellite source you are using. I suggest trying a different source with more homogeneous coverage. The first error is strange. Are you using the latest version from the github? I fixed a bug which would cause this in the latest version. It is just strange that it is happening with ZL 17... the bug was only occurring with low zls previously. Will investigate. Currently in the process of adding night and season masks, will update the github when I'm done. Probably wont be for a week or so or more, as I am going on vacation.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/24/2018 at 5:33 AM, capitancanarias said:

ortho4xp only work in p3dv4? because i have p3dv3 , maybe It does not work for me.

Should work in v3, as long as you have the correct resample.exe from the v3 sdk.

Alfredo Terrero

Thank you for this amazing fork.

Any chance about fixing SP provider? I have try the Ortho4XP from oscarpilote with this provider and works great.

My best regards 

On 7/28/2018 at 7:18 AM, Gumerson said:

Thank you for this amazing fork.

Any chance about fixing SP provider? I have try the Ortho4XP from oscarpilote with this provider and works great.

My best regards 

Which provider is SP? I don't see it in ortho4xp v130 dropdown list.

Edited by kjjj11223344

Alfredo Terrero

I have added support for creation of night and seasonal textures. To enable these, just change the below lines in Ortho4XP.cfg:

create_ESP_night=True

create_ESP_summer=True

create_ESP_spring=False

create_ESP_fall=False

create_ESP_winter=False

create_ESP_hard_winter=False

from False to True accordingly.

P.S. how can I edit the first post of this topic so I can write all updates there?

Alfredo Terrero

i dont get this,
you can simply work on developing a proper area.kml database for FSEarthTiles with area and water poly's instead,
FSEarthTiles will do a perfect water masking and blending for you already if you provide it with area.kml with definitions in it!

all you really need is to distribute a proper area.kml for each state you want to run instead of doing all this,
people can simply load area.kml  locally for their state and let FSEarthTiles do the work start to finish with every layer available,

Edited by Chris Bell

4 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I have added support for creation of night and seasonal textures. To enable these, just change the below lines in Ortho4XP.cfg:

create_ESP_night=True

create_ESP_summer=True

create_ESP_spring=False

create_ESP_fall=False

create_ESP_winter=False

create_ESP_hard_winter=False

from False to True accordingly.

P.S. how can I edit the first post of this topic so I can write all updates there?

hi, my Ortho4XP.cfg doesn,t have these lines? should I just add them? and then recreate the scenery?

thank you

Edited by fyrakoto

1 hour ago, fyrakoto said:

hi, my Ortho4XP.cfg doesn,t have these lines? should I just add them?

Yes, just add them to end of your .cfg (at least, that's what it seems like what kjjj did)

13 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Which provider is SP? I don't see it in ortho4xp v130 dropdown list.

SP-pnoa-ma.lay

SP2015.lay

SP2012.lay

Under Spain folder in dropdown list. Same links in Ortho4XP 1.2 works great, but with the last changes made in Ortho4XP  1.30 no. 

It works right now after the last update you published in github!

Superb!

Thank you!

Edited by Gumerson
update content
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fyrakoto said:

hi, my Ortho4XP.cfg doesn,t have these lines? should I just add them? and then recreate the scenery?

thank you

Please download the latest package from GitHub, as the new executable contains the logic to handle these new settings.

Alfredo Terrero

10 hours ago, euroau said:

Yes, just add them to end of your .cfg (at least, that's what it seems like what kjjj did)

It won’t work without the latest executable ;).

Alfredo Terrero

Okay, I'm not sure if this is a bug - or me being a dummy (the latter is probably more likely).

I have followed the instructions on the .txt file provided, and when I go to do step 3 (run it), this happens.

I am running Windows 10 Pro v17134.165, and using Python 3.6.6

dxcEqPK.png

Edited by Ollie12634
Spelling error

Mr Moss
---------------------------------
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England