Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

22 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

This is more a warning message than an error message. The program automatically sets the mask zoom level to that of the main tile zoom level, so there is nothing to worry about.

I should have indicated that I made sure the ZL is the same on the main page and on the settings page, nothing else happens after this message appears, Not sure what to do next. Thanks all for getting back to me!

On 7/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, 757FO said:

I should have indicated that I made sure the ZL is the same on the main page and on the settings page, nothing else happens after this message appears, Not sure what to do next. Thanks all for getting back to me!

bump - sorry dont want to be a pain but I dont see anything happening (tried to let it run for a while), but I am stuck on that message .. any idea? thx

3 hours ago, 757FO said:

bump - sorry dont want to be a pain but I dont see anything happening (tried to let it run for a while), but I am stuck on that message .. any idea? thx

Did you press apply after changing the settings on the settings page? Can you post the output of the black command prompt window that should open when you open the program.

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

2 hours ago, capitancanarias said:

Hii !! I have problems with the ortho4xp p3d, what is the exact configuration that I have to change in the cfg, can someone help me?

Thank you.

You need to change the ESP_resample_loc setting in Ortho4XP.cfg to be the path to your resample.exe from the P3D or FSX SDK. Make sure to insert double backslashes instead of single (so c:\\path\\to\\resample.exe instead of c:\path\to\resample.exe).

• Like 1

Alfredo Terrero

2 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Did you press apply after changing the settings on the settings page? Can you post the output of the black command prompt window that should open when you open the program.

Yes I have pressed apply on the setting page. I start the program Ortho4XP_v130.exe from the Dist folder. The black command prompt window is blank when I start the program. The only thing I see in the black command prompt window (or the main program), is the message : FSX/P3D building requires both the tile and mask zooms to equal. Setting the mask zoom to the tile zoom of 16

I clicked on the All in one button and it did build a folder in the tiles folder, but this looks like an Xplane scenery folder. 

Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated!

John.

• Like 1

Hi John .... the xp-style file structure, like you, threw me at the outset .... you have to click down through these folders .... will bring you to a folder: BI_ZF(yours may be named differently if you're not using Bing as source of imagery) .... inside that is all the texture files + a folder  'ADDON_SCENERY' .... 'scenery' folder inside with bgls ...... scroll to this folder from Scenery Library in sim as you'd normally do when adding scenery  .... and, other things being equal, you should see your new scenery .... don't forget to untick any third party scenery(such as an Orbx region if your tile located there) ....  locate it well down the priority list (i've got mine just above 'base-scenery')  ..... hope that helps .......

Edited by AKStirling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, capitancanarias said:

Hii ! someone could post a screenshot of your ortho4xp.cfg file, I'd appreciate it. Thank you very much for the help

here goes...

verbosity=1
cleaning_level=1
overpass_server_choice=random
skip_downloads=False
skip_converts=False
max_convert_slots=4
check_tms_response=True
http_timeout=10.0
max_connect_retries=5
max_baddata_retries=5
ovl_exclude_pol=[0]
ovl_exclude_net=[]
custom_scenery_dir=
custom_overlay_src=
road_level=1
road_banking_limit=0.5
max_levelled_segs=100000
min_area=0.001
max_area=200
clean_bad_geometries=True
mesh_zl=19
curvature_tol=2.0
apt_curv_tol=0.5
apt_curv_ext=0.5
coast_curv_tol=1.0
coast_curv_ext=0.5
limit_tris=0
hmin=0.0
min_angle=10.0
apt_smoothing_pix=8
sea_smoothing_mode=zero
water_smoothing=10
iterate=0
mask_zl=15
masks_width=100
masking_mode=sand
use_masks_for_inland=False
masks_use_DEM_too=False
masks_custom_extent=
cover_airports_with_highres=False
cover_extent=1.0
cover_zl=18
ratio_water=0.25
overlay_lod=25000.0
sea_texture_blur=0.0
add_low_res_sea_ovl=False
experimental_water=0
normal_map_strength=1.0
terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=D:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe

14 hours ago, AKStirling said:

Hi John .... the xp-style file structure, like you, threw me at the outset .... you have to click down through these folders .... will bring you to a folder: BI_ZF(yours may be named differently if you're not using Bing as source of imagery) .... inside that is all the texture files + a folder  'ADDON_SCENERY' .... 'scenery' folder inside with bgls ...... scroll to this folder from Scenery Library in sim as you'd normally do when adding scenery  .... and, other things being equal, you should see your new scenery .... don't forget to untick any third party scenery(such as an Orbx region if your tile located there) ....  locate it well down the priority list (i've got mine just above 'base-scenery')  ..... hope that helps .......

I admit, that is very confusing. I will probably modify where the output ADDON_SCENERY folder is placed in the future because honestly, placing it inside the XP folders was just a quick hack so I could get everything working and start making sceneries...

Alfredo Terrero

21 hours ago, 757FO said:

Yes I have pressed apply on the setting page. I start the program Ortho4XP_v130.exe from the Dist folder. The black command prompt window is blank when I start the program. The only thing I see in the black command prompt window (or the main program), is the message : FSX/P3D building requires both the tile and mask zooms to equal. Setting the mask zoom to the tile zoom of 16

I clicked on the All in one button and it did build a folder in the tiles folder, but this looks like an Xplane scenery folder. 

Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated!

John.

Do you mind posting a video of the steps you are following when trying to create the ortho scenery? It will make it alot easier to spot what the problem is :).

Alfredo Terrero

2 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Do you mind posting a video of the steps you are following when trying to create the ortho scenery? It will make it alot easier to spot what the problem is :).

will do, I have been able to get it going by clicking on the "all in one button". I get the message about zoom level when clicking on the batch build button. Thank you for your assistance!

John

For all of yours that do not get the Addon_Scenery folder with the bgl after clicking "batch build" in the Tiles collection and management window, check your config file again. I got mine working right untill I made some changes in the Ortho4XP Config gui and clicked in "Write App Cfg" button. If you do this you will get erased the last line "ESP_resample_loc=D:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe" in the config file because this seems not to be working with the original gui of Ortho4XP. 

You just only need to check with notepad the Ortho4XP.cfg and look for this line and write down again with notepad.

Hope that helps.

Gumerson

• Like 2

4 hours ago, capitancanarias said:

ortho4xp only work in p3dv4? because i have p3dv3 , maybe It does not work for me.

It will work, also in fsx 😉

With the results *.bmp and *.inf and masks files, I'm pretty sure you could recompile to bgl with resample.exe SDK, maybe just using P3D v3 resample.exe SDK would be your choice.