Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

Airport Environment Upgrade 8?

Hey Victor, the only one who knows would be Chris Arrington, the author of this fine add on. There was mention several months ago about his schedule, and the time he had to put into the project. Since then there hasn't been a word. I am among the many looking forward to version 8. Now that FSX is alot closer, I am sure he will have to take that into consideration as well. So you may be correct with your question. I hope Chris, or someone that has an open line of communication with him can shed some light on the progress.

Hey guys,I was thinking of emailing Chris again anyway. It had been a few months. Below is his reply:Hi Earl, I am really very sorry about everyone having to wait around for AEU 8. The project was started months ago and is still only half finished. As far as when... the short answer is, I just don't know. When I finished AEU 7, I had far fewer responsibilities than I do now. Currently I'm flying a 4-on, 3-off schedule with Grand Canyon Airlines. On my days off, I need to maintain 40 hrs. a week (as a vendor) in writing pilot guides for Honeywell electronic flight displays. Aside from my family, I'm spending the only free time I now have shooting a film about air tours over the grand canyon. This is a year long project that started in June. Though I still want to finish the project, my focus has really shifted away from it for now. The only option I have is to wait until I am so inspired to finish the project, that I find a way to make the time to complete it. Currently, I just don't have the desire with all of the other things that I have to think about. The attached **picture represents the most significant distractions in my life right now. I'm am very proud of it, and would be very happy if you would pass it along to those who might be wondering about my welfare. I want everyone to know that I am okay and that I am still very much involved in aviation. The FS community is an increasingly BIG part of aviation, and I care a great deal about all of the people who continue to make it happen each and every day. I am still deeply touched for the concern, and blessed to have such good neighbors in the industry. God bless,Chris** The picture is a shot of his beautiful family of 3 gorgeous little blonde girls with his very attractive wife and himself. They are standing in front of his plane. The jpg file was 1.5 Meg so I couldn't attach it. Sorry. Trust me, Chris is well blessed!