Jump to content

BrianThePilot

PMDG 747 Shutting Down Simulator

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have just purchased the PMDG 747 and a lot of the other products. I activated the 747 and after it activated, it started loadinga and after 100%, I got a blank screen and it shutdown my sim. I rebooted and after loading 100%, it shutdown. I found out however when I enter in a different aircraft and then switch to the 747, the 747 works but when I use the 747 initially when the sim is loaded, it just shuts down after 100%. I tried unregistering the product and reinstalling, but no luck. I am very confused and would like to know the fix so I can load into the 747 in the initial load up of the sim. 

Thanks!

Brian McCumiskey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to include more info which sim FSX or P3D version, OS and any reports in event viewer when you contact support, the more info you can give the better. 

And what addons you use.

Edited by rjfry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey rjfry,

Sorry 🙂 I fly P3D v4.2, no crash reports, it just shuts down the sim. I have all PMDG boeings installed, qw787, tfdi717. I have Flightbeam KSFO installed. Also I have W10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

Hey rjfry,

Sorry 🙂 I fly P3D v4.2, no crash reports, it just shuts down the sim. I have all PMDG boeings installed, qw787, tfdi717. I have Flightbeam KSFO installed. Also I have W10.

Did you check for updates by launching the operation center.

I remember having the same issue when 4.2 launched and PMDG quickly made an update for this.

Although flying with v4.3 now I really never had the issue since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, wedgantilles said:

Did you check for updates by launching the operation center.

I remember having the same issue when 4.2 launched and PMDG quickly made an update for this.

Although flying with v4.3 now I really never had the issue since.

Yes. I launched the OC. I installed the latest update. I haven't updated to 4.3 as I've heard people having too many problems, so I'm gonna wait for 4.4. But just found out there is a wide variety of people who have the same problem. Hopefully this is something I can fix and if not, then I guess PMDG will figure it out soon.

Thanks for the comment!

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

Yes. I launched the OC. I installed the latest update. I haven't updated to 4.3 as I've heard people having too many problems, so I'm gonna wait for 4.4. But just found out there is a wide variety of people who have the same problem. Hopefully this is something I can fix and if not, then I guess PMDG will figure it out soon.

Thanks for the comment!

Brian

There was an issue with the 744 in 4.2. The recommendation is to upgrade to 4.3. If you want to remain to 4.2 you need to disable all sim messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

There was an issue with the 744 in 4.2. The recommendation is to upgrade to 4.3. If you want to remain to 4.2 you need to disable all sim messages.

Hi!

For some reason I'm not familiar with what you mean by "sim messages". Do you mean OC messages?

Thanks for your response!

Brian

Edited by bmccumiskey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

Hi!

For some reason I'm not familiar with what you mean by "sim messages". Do you mean OC messages?

Thanks for your response!

Brian

P3D settings and then Information find the Miscellaneous Text options Uncheck all the options under there and you should be all set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

P3D settings and then Information find the Miscellaneous Text options Uncheck all the options under there and you should be all set

Great! Thanks for your help! Also just wanted to say, I'm really looking forward to the 747-8 🙂

Cheers!

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...