Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Good Cessna 150 or 172 FS 9 model to practice in for pilot in training

Yes, normal maneuvers work well for me in the sim (S-Turns, Turns around a point, takeoff, climb, etc.), and, of course, stalling and other maneuvers outside of the flight envelope don't work so well (but they can in some situations). My big hangup when switching between flying and simming during training was the behavior on final approach and flair. The feel was very different for me and I could definately notice the difference. The caveat here is that back then I was flying FS95 and 98, so it may not be so pronounced for FS2K4. I must say I am very excited to try out FSX and see if handles any more realistically. I'm not allowing my anticipation or hope to climb too high, but I must say that I am excited.I also want to plug TrackIR here as well. I find it indispensible for creating a much more realistic landing experience, and flying experience overall, it really is awesome to be able to turn your head and view things a lot more like you do in a real plane.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>My big>hangup when switching between flying and simming during>training was the behavior on final approach and flair. The>feel was very different for me and I could definately notice>the difference. The caveat here is that back then I was>flying FS95 and 98, so it may not be so pronounced for FS2K4. >Landings with MSFS have been something I've got a kick out of, since the refinement of the VC cockpit. Some seem "very" realistic; but then I know the "feel" and look I'm going for.I do also tend to use the RealAir SF260 much of the time, as the clear slider canopy adds a lot more peripheral visual senses in the way of sensing yaw, airspeed, and height in the flare; although I really don't have a problem flaring most simulated airplanes.There are just certain times with a variety of simulated aircraft, where I think WOW, that seems so real! But as I've mentioned before, my mind is filling in some of the gaps, which adds to the immersion.L.Adamson

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>>I also want to plug TrackIR here as well. I find it>indispensible for creating a much more realistic landing>experience, and flying experience overall, it really is>awesome to be able to turn your head and view things a lot>more like you do in a real plane.>>ThomasWe appreciate the good review, Thomas, and we hope you continue to enjoy our product.