Sign in to follow this  
Greggr1

P£D V4 Graphics Issue

Hi,

I seem to be having issue with P3D V4, at first when flying in PMDG 737 NGX when i'd pan my view around the panels would look like there tearing, shimmering, as if motion blur was applied, so i googled and watcha video on youtbe to set navidia inspector so that my fps limit was 30 and vertical sync half refresh rate along with v-sync and tripple biffering off in sim. 

This didn't fix the issue, but now after making several flight changing various settings and also rebuilding .cfg file my graphics driver now keeps crashing. I seem to be experiencing error messages saying the drivers have stopped bassically forcing me to quite p3d and re start hoping it dosen't come up again.

Is it the dxgi error?? 

There's pages and pages of it on LMs forum.  Alas no fix. 

14ppkc-6.png

Also have you any idea on the first part of my issue the tear, shimmering, motion blur etc issue. I say them three as that's closest i can relate it to. 

On 8/5/2018 at 5:44 PM, Greggr1 said:

Hi,

I seem to be having issue with P3D V4, at first when flying in PMDG 737 NGX when i'd pan my view around the panels would look like there tearing, shimmering, as if motion blur was applied, so i googled and watcha video on youtbe to set navidia inspector so that my fps limit was 30 and vertical sync half refresh rate along with v-sync and tripple biffering off in sim. 

This didn't fix the issue, but now after making several flight changing various settings and also rebuilding .cfg file my graphics driver now keeps crashing. I seem to be experiencing error messages saying the drivers have stopped bassically forcing me to quite p3d and re start hoping it dosen't come up again.

Hmm, I've never experienced this. It simply sounds like a Vsync issue to me ( I said it sounds like, not it is) Try not using any setting in Nvidia Inspector, set unlimited frames and tick vsync and triple buffering on. If you can, try running your monitor at 30Hz. Like I say, these are my settings and I have no issues. Your description certainly sounds like no Vsync.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have applied no Nvidia tweaks, and my AA is one notch below max.  I see no tearing, although in Xplane11 I sometimes do.  No shimmering, my aniso is maxed.  I have applied no .cfg tweaks, LOD is at the default.  High LOD's can cause tearing.  Using P3D's built in graphics options the sim is quite stable with hours' long flights the usual, and I use MSE's photoreal scenery as well.

John

On 8/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Greggr1 said:

Also have you any idea on the first part of my issue the tear, shimmering, motion blur etc issue. I say them three as that's closest i can relate it to. 

Did you find any solution to this problem?

Have you set the Vsync tear behavior to ''Adaptive''?.

Try rolling back your driver, I find I cant use any Nvidia driver over 400, there is a program you can download that will completely remove your existing driver ( you will need to google it as cant remember exactly what it  is called).

I also use windows Shut up to limit any back ground processes. 

In V4.4 do not use Vsync or FPS limiter, but I still set the Vsync behavior to Adaptive in NVI and ignore changing the refresh rate, 1/2 refresh will not work in a window program and even in full screen P3D is a window program.

It works for me, but with everything P3D it may not for you.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.