Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

MFG Crosswind or Brunner Rudder Pedals?

Hi-I've had MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals for 18 months and think they are great with the props I exclusively fly.  Lately, I've considered the Brunner CLS-E yoke, which folks have said is night and day better than anything else out there.  Not heard much about Brunner's rudder pedals, though.  Anyone have these who would be willing to comment on how they compare to the MFG or whatever rudder pedals they had previously?  Thanks, much.

Jay

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I am curious as well, my current setup is a yoke with mfg pedals and I may eventually upgrade to the Brunner yoke and pedals

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Thanks Jovabra--these were interesting videos.  I'm already sold on the yoke, but had questions regarding the rudder pedals, to see if they are as big a leap as the Brunner yoke.  I've not seen any videos for the pedals other than a promotional one, so I'm vey interested in any feedback on them. 

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Hi vp49p3

I have a set of rudder pedals. Same Swiss quality. Heavy metal 🙂 Force is also adjustable.

Regards

Jo va Bra

Would any owner of the Brunner CLS rudder inform us if it is good enough for the price? Does it work fine with all aircraft? Any advantage over conventional ones such as MFG or others? Thanks!

I have the Crosswinds but starting to not like them and want something more real like. I'm looking at the VirtualFly Ruddos at about a $1000 but this Brunner CLS looks interesting. If you want the immersion and quality then go with the good stuff you wont be sorry. The Crosswinds are good but not realistic.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Have you guys thought about the Thrusmaster Pendular Rudder? They seem pretty good for a lesser price than the league you're into, but might be worth a look 🙂

Cheers

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

The USP about the Brunner pedals is asymmetric flying. It's why I'm going to equip my rig with them. It's not just holding the load that is important, but a twin has rudder trim and to be able to trim out the load and the pedal to sit offset as a result is a LEAP in realism.

NO other pedal I've seen can do this. 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!