Sign in to follow this  
willy647

MCP / EFIS flood lights

The knobs controlling the MCP and EFIS flood lights only work when it is dark outside. Is there any way to make this work also during daylight ?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

2 minutes ago, willy647 said:

The knobs controlling the MCP and EFIS flood lights only work when it is dark outside. Is there any way to make this work also during daylight ?

What simulator are you using (and, if P3D, what version)?

Kyle Rodgers

My bad, forgot to mention.   Using P3D 4.3 and of course the latest 737 version

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

6 hours ago, willy647 said:

My bad, forgot to mention.   Using P3D 4.3 and of course the latest 737 version

Using any shader mods like PTA or tomato (or cucumber, or whatever vegetable the mod is named after)?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, tomatos 🙂 But I tried with default shaders - same result. There used to be a trick by changing some values for the light sensor in the panel.cfg, but it looks like that does not work anymore

5 hours ago, willy647 said:

There used to be a trick by changing some values for the light sensor in the panel.cfg, but it looks like that does not work anymore

Yeah...stuff like this is why things...well...stop working properly. If you've done that with some of our files, honestly, who knows what other edits have crept into cause issues.

Do note, as well, that there's a FLOODS IN DAYLIGHT option in the CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP section. Not sure if that has any effect here.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Do note, as well, that there's a FLOODS IN DAYLIGHT option in the CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP section. Not sure if that has any effect here

Are you sure? I can't find it.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

11 minutes ago, hvw said:

Are you sure? I can't find it.

Might just be 777 on...not sure if it made it into the NGX as part of the P3D updates a while back...

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers