Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

VAS issue/crashes with FSX: SE and PMDG 777

Hi all,

How do I run my FSX SE with the PMDG 777 with the graphics settings on max with FTX Global / Vectors / openLC scenery, and other payware addons without having the VAS out of memory crash issues?

I usually can take off fine, but if I try to land at a airport with alot of high density buildings around I won't make it to the airport before I start hearing the beeps and then...crash.

Usually it's from KSFO to KLAX or something like that where there's alot of buildings around.

Do I have no choice but turning down the graphics settings?  There has to be another way.

Edited by joejccva71

One thing that some users do is save the flight when VAS gets high exit FSX then reload the flight or turn down your settings, but that's the reason I moved to P3Dv4 VAS is history. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 minutes ago, rjfry said:

One thing that some users do is save the flight when VAS gets high exit FSX then reload the flight or turn down your settings, but that's the reason I moved to P3Dv4 VAS is history. 

I hear ya about P3D v4.  I just didn't want to have to re-purchase all of my addons.  The FTX Global + Vector + openLC + Airports weren't cheap.

Quick question:  Could I get away with just getting the academic license for P3D v4 and pay the $60 instead of getting the Professional license?

Edited by joejccva71

All my ORBX that's all the base and regions except Alaska and airports go strait into PD3v4 with FTX Central free, and my airports had install options for FSX and P3D. the only downside is the aircraft.  

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

12 hours ago, joejccva71 said:

Quick question:  Could I get away with just getting the academic license for P3D v4 and pay the $60 instead of getting the Professional license?

Discussion of P3D license versions regarding which to purchase are against AVSIM Terms of Service. Only you can decide which version fits your needs. The P3D website shows the differences between license options, therefore allowing you to choose which one you should buy.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator