dookster49

Transition to Prepar3D

I have used the FSX and FS-Steam platform for many years, but would like to upgrade or transition to the P3D platform. However, there are so many options on the pricing page (license) that I’m really not sure which is best for me. My goal is to incorporate a simulator that will enable me to fly the new Aerosoft Airbus Professional Series, which will not operate in the FS-Steam environment. I will appreciate any recommendations from experienced P3D users. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just get the Academic license to start unless you are looking for more advanced military options. And you can always change down the road should the need arise.
The AS Bus family works in Academic.

Edited by Psybear

Only you can decide which purchase option is best for you. Moreover, there've been several quite heated arguments about that here on Avsim, and other forums; as a result, it's actually against the forum rules to enter into detailed discussions about the various pricing plans for P3D.

All I can suggest is to read the EULAs carefully and see if you qualify for the restrictions some of those options place on usage, and if you don't qualify, then look at the next option at the price which suits you best. There will be one or more which suits you, but as I say, only you can determine which that is.

Edited by Chock

Welcome to AVSIM.  Alan pretty well summed it up, and with that I'm going to lock this thread.

Regards

• Like 1