Sign in to follow this  
marcomxp

FMC _ CRZ WIND

Dear all,

does anybody know which is the value  to insert in that voice? TOPCAT can be provide that ?

It is include in PERF INIT page on FMC.

Best,

M

I tend to use the weather add-on program Active Sky for that. When you tell Active Sky your route, it lists the expected wind speed/heading at your flight plan's waypoints and from that you can determine the trend and enter a sensible value in the FMC.

But if you don't have access to that, you can simply hit shift+Z in FSX and it'll give you the wind speed and heading, although it will be the conditions at the airport at low level rather than at cruise altitude, but it doesn't matter at that point, it's just so the FMC can have a bit of a stab at telling you expected times and performance, so using shift+Z will at least give you some info to put into the FMC, you could update that info en-route when up at cruise altitude if you wanted to, once you know the conditions up there.

If you are using 'real world weather' in your flight sim, you can look online and find the conditions on things like Flight Radar 24 and such. That will tally with your flight sim, since it basically draws the information from the same online sources.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Chock said:

I tend to use the weather add-on program Active Sky for that. When you tell Active Sky your route, it lists the expected wind speed/heading at your flight plan's waypoints and from that you can determine the trend and enter a sensible value in the FMC.

But if you don't have access to that, you can simply hit shift+Z in FSX and it'll give you the wind speed and heading, although it will be the conditions at the airport at low level rather than at cruise altitude, but it doesn't matter at that point, it's just so the FMC can have a bit of a stab at telling you expected times and performance, so using shift+Z will at least give you some info to put into the FMC, you could update that info en-route when up at cruise altitude if you wanted to, once you know the conditions up there.

If you are using 'real world weather' in your flight sim, you can look online and find the conditions on things like Flight Radar 24 and such. That will tally with your flight sim, since it basically draws the information from the same online sources.

Let me try

touching shift+z fsx FSX show me condition at the airport as u wrote (ie  on LIRF airport wind 087/6) TOPCAT at the same airport runway 16R it give me 030/05.

On the FMC at the TAKE OFF REF pg.2  i used what topcat show me. Right now i do not know what i have to use on the fmc on the CRZ WIND column.

Anyway i appreciate your help, i ll check it out Active Sky.

Cheers,

MXP

Bjoern,

I check website u suggested. Where do you find wind direction at cruise flight level? IE. I suppose to fly from limc to lirf my crz level is FL250.

Cheers,

MXP

Another way to do it..
Go to https://skyvector.com/, click flight plan, enter departure & arrival airports (no real need for intermediate points), enter the flight level and speed (for wind vector calcs) then.. click nav log.. This will give you winds at the airports and the averaged cruize wind along the route..

Example as a quick test - 
EDDM --> RJTT @ FL410
EDDM 109*@6
CRUIZE 242*@61
RJTT 0*@0

This will work just fine as long as your weather program is supplying accurate real world winds. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

3 hours ago, marcomxp said:

I check website u suggested. Where do you find wind direction at cruise flight level? IE. I suppose to fly from limc to lirf my crz level is FL250.

Use the slider to the right to control altitude.

Since wind data for FL250 isn't provided, you will have to use data for FL240.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 9/23/2018 at 7:09 PM, Bjoern said:

Use the slider to the right to control altitude.

Since wind data for FL250 isn't provided, you will have to use data for FL240.

Got it

On 9/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, spokes2112 said:

Another way to do it..
Go to https://skyvector.com/, click flight plan, enter departure & arrival airports (no real need for intermediate points), enter the flight level and speed (for wind vector calcs) then.. click nav log.. This will give you winds at the airports and the averaged cruize wind along the route..

Example as a quick test - 
EDDM --> RJTT @ FL410
EDDM 109*@6
CRUIZE 242*@61
RJTT 0*@0

This will work just fine as long as your weather program is supplying accurate real world winds. 

Dear Spokes2112,

very usefull website and clear explanation even for a beginner like me.

Cheers,

M