Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

PMDG 737NGX and Rex Wx Advantage Radar

Hi all,

It says in the manual that Active Sky is required to make the radar work and display the weather on the ND. But will the Rex Wx Advantage Radar also work, or does it have to be Active Sky?

Ken.

3 hours ago, kmanning said:

It says in the manual that Active Sky is required to make the radar work and display the weather on the ND.

Hi,

I'm afraid you answered your own question.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

17 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi,

I'm afraid you answered your own question.

No, I have not answered my own question and you have not answered my question. Saying "I'm afraid you answered your own question" does not answer the question I've asked. The fact is that newer weather engines have been developed and released since the PMDG 737NGX of years ago.

Ken.

Active Sky is the only weather engine that works with the weather radar in PMDG aircraft.  Other weather engines will not work.

Jon Bailey

940666.png

3 hours ago, kmanning said:

No, I have not answered my own question and you have not answered my question. Saying "I'm afraid you answered your own question" does not answer the question I've asked. The fact is that newer weather engines have been developed and released since the PMDG 737NGX of years ago.

Ken.

What don't you get in "Active Sky is required" ?

It is indeed required and no other weather engine work.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

The WXR is not required to use the simulator.  When the NGX was released, there was no WXR.  It came along years later when a weather addon developer was able to replicate WXR data that could be used by PMDG.  There is no requirement for Active Sky because WXR is not a requirement.

Dan Downs KCRP

He's asking if Active Sky is required to use the weather radar. It is if you want anything to display, as per manual.

Guillaume

15 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

What don't you get in "Active Sky is required" ?

It is indeed required and no other weather engine work.

I really don't understand your question but I guess you're asking why don't I get the AS since it is required. Well, I've already spent money for the Rex weather engine plus the WXR and figured that they would work in all aircrafts, including the PMDG. The Rex WxR will work in all aircrafts, but you have to use it's own gauge for those that have not been implemented to work in the aircraft's own ND, such as the PMDG. It will work in the Maddog X own ND display because it has been implemented to work with it, and you don't have to use Rex's own gauge. I'll eventually get the AS when I get the money.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

48 minutes ago, downscc said:

The WXR is not required to use the simulator.  When the NGX was released, there was no WXR.  It came along years later when a weather addon developer was able to replicate WXR data that could be used by PMDG.  There is no requirement for Active Sky because WXR is not a requirement.

Yes, I know the Rex WXR is not required in order to use the PMDGs. I was asking about another weather engine and if it would work in the PMDG.

Ken.

53 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

He's asking if Active Sky is required to use the weather radar. It is if you want anything to display, as per manual.

Well, I knew the AS was one of the requirements to make it display on the ND, but I was wondering if the Rex Weather radar had been implemented to work in the PMDGs so that I won't have to go and spend another $50.00 for another weather engine.

Ken.