Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Anyone else stuck on "Authenticating..." for charts?

Just encountered this today myself.  As soon as I hit Yes, Allow authentication with Navigraph, P3D CTD.   I had updated GSX and ran the new MakeRwys update earlier.  Thinking I would uninstall GSX first to troubleshoot,  I noticed my computer clock was running fast, something I've been dealing with on my new PC.  I corrected the time and just for grins, wanted to see if that made a difference.  It did!  I've been able to access my charts via the EFB twice.   Maybe check your PC clock's time to see if that might help. 

Charlie Simons

Edited by csimons
Signature
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, csimons said:

Maybe check your PC clock's time to see if that might help

Charlie, thanks a lot. That's it!

I can confirm that this is the cause of the CTD. Has to do with validating the authentication to the Navigraph Server. Actually, you should see a relevant FAULT message on the EFB, but due to a bug you get a CTD instead.

We will fix the CTD in the next update. But even so, you will not be able to login when your clock is set ahead of current time. Currently the limit is 5 minutes but we may increase that.

In conclusion, to avoid this set your PC time right.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hello,

Every time I fly the -8, I have to authenticate on Navigraph to access the charts via EFB. Is this a normal routine?

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

10 minutes ago, Woc said:

Hello,

Every time I fly the -8, I have to authenticate on Navigraph to access the charts via EFB. Is this a normal routine?

It is normal to give approval each session.  Be clear as to which of two screens you see every time you fly.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

It is normal to give approval each session.  Be clear as to which of two screens you see every time you fly.

Cool. I normally see two screens: first one asking for my credentials and second one requesting me to allow uuhh...aahh... stuff that I cannot remember right now. Anyway and fortunately I haven't any issue with Navigraph Charts use within the EFB. Thanks Dan 😉

Edited by Woc

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

1 hour ago, Woc said:

This will be most probably fixed in the next update. You'll be able to do it once and never have to do it again.

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

15 hours ago, mfrantz said:

Charlie, thanks a lot. That's it!

I can confirm that this is the cause of the CTD. Has to do with validating the authentication to the Navigraph Server. Actually, you should see a relevant FAULT message on the EFB, but due to a bug you get a CTD instead.

We will fix the CTD in the next update. But even so, you will not be able to login when your clock is set ahead of current time. Currently the limit is 5 minutes but we may increase that.

In conclusion, to avoid this set your PC time right. 

Some additional information on the CTD on Navigraph authentication:

The wrong PC time is one cause of the CTD, but it may not be the only one. The CTD itself is caused when trying to setup a very long fault message to the EFB. There may be other fault messages besides the one associated with the wrong PC time that could cause a CTD (any message longer than 100 characters).

Any users that experience the CTD while their PC time is right will have to wait for the next update. With the next update there will be no CTD and the appropriate EFB fault message will be displayed on the SYSTEM page and the debuglog.txt file. This will allow us to identify the problem that prevents Navigraph authentication for these users.

Thank you for your patience.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

PMDG figured out what was causing my P3D to shut down while trying to open Nav Charts in the EFB.  My computer clock was not properly synced with the correct time.  Appartently this will cause a shut down of P3d.

Paul Gugliotta