Sign in to follow this  
coloradofly

Websites for freeware airliners

Hi guys What are the best websites for to download free good quality airlines p3dv4? Thank you!

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Edited title for more clarity

37 minutes ago, coloradofly said:

Hi guys What are the best websites for to download free good quality airlines p3dv4? Thank you!

It depends on what you mean by “free good quality airlines”? If you’re asking for free payware as in pirated planes then you’re in the wrong forum as Avsim doesn’t tolerate pirating and any further discussion in that arena will result in you being banned.

However if you’re looking for quality freeware then you might find some good stuff in the library. Personally I can’t recommend anything since I only fly payware aircraft but surely someone here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For general browsing of aircraft, here is good. Flightsim.com is good. Rikooo is decent, if you're OK with downloads that can last an entire day because they throttle them.

There aren't a whole lot of great freeware aircraft in p3d4 right now as compared to what you might have been used to in previous platforms. The previous versions let you use aircraft created for FSX and earlier, but going to 64 bit means they don't work unless the developer updates them, and often with a freeware aircraft the incentive isn't exactly there, especially if the developer has moved on to other things.

But especially with airliners, freeware is often frustrating because anyone expending the time and effort to properly model an airliner's systems should be selling the thing, not giving it away, so the systems modeling is often lacking. And that can be a problem because lining up a 747 on a 30 mile final accurately can be difficult unless the tools are there to make it happen smoothly. That's exacerbated if you use the default ATC because it will often assume that 5,000fps descents in a 747 are normal, so it will line you up for landing much too high to actually land, and then you have to shoot a missed approach, again without the proper tools to do it.

Project Airbus | Project Opensky | Thomas Ruth | TDS are all good airlines worth searching in the Avism Library for freeware Airliners

POSKY closed. The remnants combined with SkySpirit and is TDS now, and I don't believe any of their stuff is v4 compatible.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:05 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

It depends on what you mean by “free good quality airlines”? If you’re asking for free payware as in pirated planes then you’re in the wrong forum as Avsim doesn’t tolerate pirating and any further discussion in that arena will result in you being banned.

Thank you for that, but why threaten the user when apparently you've made the assumption that he hasn't read Terms of Use policy?  I understand the need to keep threads from evolving into questionable areas, but his question wasn't asking for "free payware" and this response seems a little over-the-top to someone that's made only two posts on this forum.  Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Thank you for that, but why threaten the user when apparently you've made the assumption that he hasn't read Terms of Use policy?  I understand the need to keep threads from evolving into questionable areas, but his question wasn't asking for "free payware" and this response seems a little over-the-top to someone that's made only two posts on this forum.  Just saying.

+1

Its sad how some topics get blown out of context. 

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

10 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

The original title of topic was different before I edited it. I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt when I changed the topic title hoping he meant he was looking for freeware aircraft.

I don’t think I threatened him in anyway, I just wanted to make a concise statement that you can’t ask for sites that contain pirated material on Avsim, which btw, new members have done in the past. 

I think we both know that the large majority of new users don’t read the TOS, just like most people don’t read EULAs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

+1

Its sad how some topics get blown out of context. 

See my above reply.

Unless the original thread title was something like "where can I download payware planes for free?", then I agree with Robert's comment. Is he looking for flyable freeware airliners, or AI plane models/repaints?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The original title of topic was different before I edited it. I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt when I changed the topic title hoping he meant he was looking for freeware aircraft.

I don’t think I threatened him in anyway, I just wanted to make a concise statement that you can’t ask for sites that contain pirated material on Avsim, which btw, new members have done in the past. 

I think we both know that the large majority of new users don’t read the TOS, just like most people don’t read EULAs.

Fair enough my friend, but I do wish you'd have prefaced your original reply with the notification of title edit.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy