Sign in to follow this  
hagley4930

What's your favorite freeware plane?

Milton Schupe 'n crew'sAero commander520Spartan ExecutiveD18 AnphibianHoward 500Baron 58TC

Guest Tingoose

Rick Piper's Gloster Meteor T.Mk7. Has a good VC. This isn't my absolute favourite(but it is very good) Rather just a freeware aircraft which I feel warrants being included in this growing list.

Guest Tingoose

Ditto this one : Soko G2-A Galeb (seagull) A Yugoslav military trainer. . . a superb freeware addon! Look for 'galeb_11.zip' in the AVSIM library by Luka Midic, Goran Savic, Zoran Sivcev i Milan Jeftic.. . . and ditto this one too!!Utva 75:http://luka.up.to/

Guest rpjkw1155

Rick Piper's HS 748Posky's BoeingsAnything by Erick CantuBob

Guest biplaneflyer

Libertysim's Robin DR221Rick Pipers Chipmunk, Jet Provost, T21bBill Lyon's - Tiger Moth and everything else including the Graff Zep (-you got to look to find that one - but it's freeware!)Pannonwings/Flightsim.cz Zlin 242, 43, 526 and VivatWolfgang Piper's gliders - especially his LS8-18 and Peter Franke's ASW28Valmet L-70 Vinka by Mikko Maliniemi, Kari Virtanen, Jukka Siirila and Aaron SwindleSocata TBM 700 A by Michel Migaud, Cyril Breton, Maurice Rancourt, Jean-Pierre Langer, Arne Bartels, Jean-Pierre Bourgeois, Benoit Dube and Bruno Tresarrieu.Yakolev Yak-18t by Alexey Yuzefov, George Sukhykh, Alexander Aphonin, Dmitry Shvetsov, Mike Maarse.Taylorcraft Auster Mk5 by Bjorn BuchnerPZL Wilga by Joe BinkaSkandiinaisk Aero Industri KZ-III by Ole Egholm Pilatus PC12 by AFG SpartAn by milton Shupe & coMarcel Kuhnt's Islander and Trislander for just a fewThere's so much good free stuff out there were spolilt!!!!

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the L049 "Connie" by FSDzigns.Also Shupe and co's D18 is a winner.I haven't tried Jen's DC-4 but I hear it's a keeper as well. Regards Denny

Guest Tingoose

Not availablr quite yet, but imminently, Milton Schupe's Dash 7 *with* VC!!!!!! Can't wait for this one:-) Marcel Kuhnt's Islanders.

Still is, any freeware B757 with Lonny Payne's panel.Close second is Project Tupolev's 154 and the TU-114 (The Bear).

Dave Taylor gb.png

Huh? You guys are forgetting Robert Sanderson? This guy is god!!Hurricane IId Tin Opener (hurricaneiid_install.zip)Stearman Model 75 Duster and Sprayer (st75.zip)"As good as it gets!"

My favorite plane is a panel....Matthias Lieberecht's amazing Avro ARJ panel. Mine is installed in Jon Murchison's BAE 146. :-waveSidney Schwartz KPDX

All the ones mentiones are great. My favorite is the 737 Air Scheffel by Arjan Scheffel. Nothing like it!God bless,Earl

Guest neslesman

>All the ones mentiones are great. My favorite is the 737 Air>Scheffel by Arjan Scheffel. Nothing like it!>God bless,>EarlSpeaking of that beautiful aircraft model I have a question regarding the manual for it that is in PHP format. For the life of me I can't find a program to open it. Notepad re-creates some of the dialogue normally but most of it is that indecipherable mumbo jumbo computer characters. As a neuber to Flight Simming this thread has really helped me separate some of the wheat from the chaff regarding downloading new freeware aircraft. There are just so many options and so little time. One thing I do know, the Hurricane 11A and 11D will forever hold a place in my heart being my first non commercial aircraft download and it's a real beauty to boot.

The manual that came with my download of Air Scheffel is in doc foramt. I checked the zip file but couldn't find any .php files?? Google says php is a scripting language. You might try opening it with your browser.The checklist is so complete, you really don't need a lot of info from the manual.God bless,Earl