Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

Unread Content not working

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Hurrah! Well done Jim. I knew you'd get it fixed. 👍

I would?

Actually the blame goes to the AVSIM Tech, Brian Sperduto and Chase.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

First of all, thanks to the staff for getting the Unread Content function working again. I usually start my morning with a cup of coffee and a browse of the latest posts.

Second of all, I'd like to point out that it is not quite 100% back to the way it was. After I press the Unread Content button, I am presented with the last hour or so of new posts. At the bottom of the topic list is another button to download more unread content. Pressing this button presents another hour or more of topic posts. Before the Unread Content function stopped working, the next batch of posts would be presented below where I was in the list of new content. Now when I ask for more new content, it is downloaded and I am taken to the end of the new content. I apologize for nit picking, but for an old fart reluctant to face change and just waking up to my first cup of coffee, trying to scroll up and find where I was in the list is tough on the old noggin.

I am surprised that no one else has mentioned this so perhaps it is only happening on my computer. If not, I would appreciate if someone could look into correcting this and at their convenience of course.

Thanks,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Once you click on a topic in Unread Content, it will disappear after it is read and go back to Unread Content.  Highlighted in BOLD, topics/posts are items you have not read yet.  So you would click on the next highlighted unread content until you get to the bottom of the list.  Cookies are what keeps the unread content highlighted in your system. AVSIM techs and Admins have no control over Unread Content as it is a feature of Invision, the makers of our website. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The Unread Topics function works as you describe. Thanks for fixing that. I can live with having to scroll back up to the top of a new batch of downloaded unread topics.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Still having problems with "Load more activity" : It used to keep the currently  displayed line in view. Now it skips to the end of the list, making it difficult to browse the full unread list.

Any suggestion ?

Gérard

Firefox 69 / 64 bits

Gérard,

This is happening to me too.  I went to Orbx to see if this is normal and it is not.  They show the first new loaded topic so you know exactly what was the first topic loaded instead of making you guess.  Only thing I can do is pass it to the AVSIM Tech.  Hopefully he can fix it.  Thanks for the report.

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

I know that THIS forum has several BUGS in the ways it is installed here (ORBX, and other which use the same software, behave as expected).

- The unread content filter has never works as it should (I have setup several on ORBX, very usefull) - the save of the filter (stream) does not work.

I addressed this months ago with no luck.

Any chance that a knowledgeable webmaster reviews AVSIM installation ?

Thanks in advance.

Gérard

I made a comment on this issue a little while ago but I did not see anyone else mentioning it. Surprisingly it behaves correctly on my Ipad so I just assumed that I had my firefox and internet explorer browsers locked down too tightly.

My work around has been been to download the initial batch of unread activity, then repeatedly execute "download more activity" until I have the duration of new post data that I want to browse. Then I go back to the top and I can scan down smoothly to the end. Much easier than trying to remember where I left off and scroll back up for each new batch.

Ted

1 hour ago, gaab said:

Any chance that a knowledgeable webmaster reviews AVSIM installation ?

There is no webmaster at AVSIM.  Tom was the webmaster and was assisted by Chase.  When Tom passed away, we found someone who could manage the system as Tom had done.  Unfortunately, he has a day and weekend job and that is his first priority.  I have passed the issues to Chase and Brian Sperduto, the AVSIM Tech, and that is all I can do.  If they have other priorities, then your issue(s) will take a little longer to fix.  I will pass on your issues again to them and see what happens. 

Submit News to AVSIM

15 hours ago, Jim Young said:

There is no webmaster at AVSIM

Sorry to hear that... 😞

Thank for your clarification.

Gérard