Recommended Posts

   It is a pleasure for me listening to VTBS female ATC controller; soft, moist voices and most of the time friendly voices.  I use https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=vtbs  for the Immersion when I "fly" my B747-8 software license in China, Vietnam and Thailand. ZBAA and VHHH also have a accurate ATC but they only have male, boring controllers, as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Of course LiveATC is accurate, they're pulling the feed from the actual air traffic control frequencies. Unless you are listening to the archives, which are past recordings, what you hear is what is actually happening at the airport at the present time. I listen to LiveATC all the time when I'm at work. That said, if you're flying on VATSIM or something, probably not the best idea to be doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Of course LiveATC is accurate, they're pulling the feed from the actual air traffic control frequencies. Unless you are listening to the archives, which are past recordings, what you hear is what is actually happening at the airport at the present time. I listen to LiveATC all the time when I'm at work. That said, if you're flying on VATSIM or something, probably not the best idea to be doing this.

Hi, Kevin! No, I do not use VATSIM but I want to learn about it. I listen to ATC live. Maybe I used a wrong word "accurate". I´m from Sweden. That´s explain a whole lot of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of women in aviation is slowly increasing but it is a slow trend.  As far as most pleasing ATC female voices, it's hard to not be calmed by the beautifully resonant friendly voices of our Southern women working the Memphis and Atlanta centers.  Gotta admit the Houston folks are mighty friendly too with "howdy" often heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, downscc said:

The number of women in aviation is slowly increasing but it is a slow trend.  As far as most pleasing ATC female voices, it's hard to not be calmed by the beautifully resonant friendly voices of our Southern women working the Memphis and Atlanta centers.  Gotta admit the Houston folks are mighty friendly too with "howdy" often heard.

I will take a look at Memphis and Atlanta centers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Oskar,

Do you have VTBS in P3D v4.3? If so, what? 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

Hi Oskar,

Do you have VTBS in P3D v4.3? If so, what? 

Thank you. 

Chris, the only VTBS I am aware of is by AA Sceneries.  It is a nice looking airport, although it was done for FSX they have updated textures for P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan,
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the installer from A_A does not recognize P3D. I've been onto them for over a year to ask them to update it but they seem so preoccupied in getting a version of Beijing done that they are ignoring VTBS. And, without an installer, I have no idea how to add scenery to P3D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

Hi Dan,
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the installer from A_A does not recognize P3D. I've been onto them for over a year to ask them to update it but they seem so preoccupied in getting a version of Beijing done that they are ignoring VTBS. And, without an installer, I have no idea how to add scenery to P3D. 

It's been more than two nights sleep since I installed it so I do not recall the problem.  The installer I have does recognize P3D, but I think it has to see Prepar3D.exe in the simulator root folder and then installs to the Addon Scenery folder.  I have a zero size file in my Addon folder named Prepar3D.exe and my VTBS is installed to D:\Addon\Addon Scenery\

I do not remember having to spoof any installer into thinking I had FSX installed.  My SimMarket download lists several updates and a p3d texture patch.  Be more precise in your description on how your installer fails to install and we can sort it out.

Edited by downscc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've done the install as you suggested and it's all there. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by funkyhut1
Installed Airport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now