Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

A few things that I consider faults in the 748

Doing my first trip after your recent updates, I noticed a few anomalies:

When switching the seat belt signs on and off and then on I got a paradoxial EICAS message:

2018_10_1_13_34_27_324.jpg

When entering radius' of FIX airports larger than 500 NM I get a message its not available:

2018_10_1_13_42_48_511.jpg

Tank/Eng goes off when the weight and balance is not equal, I don't know if that's because I have to calculate the reserve tank fuel also, in any case I have the auto tank/eng option enabled and it failed to prevent an imbalance

Now I of course take blame for anything I've resulted from ignorance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Seatbelts on/off issue is due to using a panel state from a previous version. I think the fix radius is now actually accurate to real world, it was incorrect with the 400 release.

Not sure about the fuel tank situation.

Alex Pugh

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Doing my first trip after your recent updates, I noticed a few anomalies:

When switching the seat belt signs on and off and then on I got a paradoxial EICAS message:

2018_10_1_13_34_27_324.jpg

When entering radius' of FIX airports larger than 500 NM I get a message its not available:

2018_10_1_13_42_48_511.jpg

Tank/Eng goes off when the weight and balance is not equal, I don't know if that's because I have to calculate the reserve tank fuel also, in any case I have the auto tank/eng option enabled and it failed to prevent an imbalance

Now I of course take blame for anything I've resulted from ignorance.

Seat belt sign is know investigating.

Fix range in the real FMC is limited to 500NM. We had it wrong before fixed now. So 500 is correct.

Tank/Engine correct you need to take under consideration the reserves as well in the -8. Auto tan'engine will work only on level flight. If you are in climb you need to do it.

• Like 1

Great! I thought the FIX was real world related. Seat belt is new so I figured its a bug.

Will try to keep an eye out for the tank/Eng thing, but any how the automated tank/eng failed to prevent a fuel imbalance.

8 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Great! I thought the FIX was real world related. Seat belt is new so I figured its a bug.

Will try to keep an eye out for the tank/Eng thing, but any how the automated tank/eng failed to prevent a fuel imbalance.

As I wrote the automatic will work ONLY in cruise. Even if you have it on it will not do anything during climb/descent. There the pilot must intervene.  As I can see from the last picture you are in climb

• Like 1

Just now, Olympic260 said:

As I wrote the automatic will work ONLY in cruise. Even if you have it on it will not do anything during climb/descent. There the pilot must intervene.  As I can see from the last picture you are in climb

Ah my bad! Again I acknowledge my ignorance due to my brief time with this amazing product! Thank you!

1 hour ago, windshearDK said:

Because you're climbing. It's an auto-cruise option. Seeing that you snagged a screenshot, you were there to address it yourself.

We really implemented the auto-cruise options (tank/eng, and pause at t/d) on the assumption you wouldn't be there. They're really there to allow you to walk off - not really to offload the responsibility while you're there to fly.

As mentioned, the first one is a panel state issue being tracked. The latter two are misunderstandings of how the plane is supposed to work.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, windshearDK said:

This is correct behavior. Allowed radius entry is < 512 NM

Edited by mfrantz
  • Like 1