Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

A few things that I consider faults in the 748

Recommended Posts

Doing my first trip after your recent updates, I noticed a few anomalies:

When switching the seat belt signs on and off and then on I got a paradoxial EICAS message:

2018_10_1_13_34_27_324.jpg
 

 

When entering radius' of FIX airports larger than 500 NM I get a message its not available:

2018_10_1_13_42_48_511.jpg
 

Tank/Eng goes off when the weight and balance is not equal, I don't know if that's because I have to calculate the reserve tank fuel also, in any case I have the auto tank/eng option enabled and it failed to prevent an imbalance

Now I of course take blame for anything I've resulted from ignorance.

 

 


Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seatbelts on/off issue is due to using a panel state from a previous version. I think the fix radius is now actually accurate to real world, it was incorrect with the 400 release.

Not sure about the fuel tank situation.

Alex Pugh

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 1

-Alex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Doing my first trip after your recent updates, I noticed a few anomalies:

When switching the seat belt signs on and off and then on I got a paradoxial EICAS message:

2018_10_1_13_34_27_324.jpg
 

 

When entering radius' of FIX airports larger than 500 NM I get a message its not available:

2018_10_1_13_42_48_511.jpg
 

Tank/Eng goes off when the weight and balance is not equal, I don't know if that's because I have to calculate the reserve tank fuel also, in any case I have the auto tank/eng option enabled and it failed to prevent an imbalance

Now I of course take blame for anything I've resulted from ignorance.

 

 

Seat belt sign is know investigating.

Fix range in the real FMC is limited to 500NM. We had it wrong before fixed now. So 500 is correct.

Tank/Engine correct you need to take under consideration the reserves as well in the -8. Auto tan'engine will work only on level flight. If you are in climb you need to do it.

 

 

  • Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! I thought the FIX was real world related. Seat belt is new so I figured its a bug.

Will try to keep an eye out for the tank/Eng thing, but any how the automated tank/eng failed to prevent a fuel imbalance.


Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Great! I thought the FIX was real world related. Seat belt is new so I figured its a bug.

Will try to keep an eye out for the tank/Eng thing, but any how the automated tank/eng failed to prevent a fuel imbalance.

As I wrote the automatic will work ONLY in cruise. Even if you have it on it will not do anything during climb/descent. There the pilot must intervene.  As I can see from the last picture you are in climb

  • Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olympic260 said:

As I wrote the automatic will work ONLY in cruise. Even if you have it on it will not do anything during climb/descent. There the pilot must intervene.  As I can see from the last picture you are in climb

Ah my bad! Again I acknowledge my ignorance due to my brief time with this amazing product! Thank you!


Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, windshearDK said:

Tank/Eng goes off when the weight and balance is not equal, I don't know if that's because I have to calculate the reserve tank fuel also, in any case I have the auto tank/eng option enabled and it failed to prevent an imbalance

Because you're climbing. It's an auto-cruise option. Seeing that you snagged a screenshot, you were there to address it yourself.

We really implemented the auto-cruise options (tank/eng, and pause at t/d) on the assumption you wouldn't be there. They're really there to allow you to walk off - not really to offload the responsibility while you're there to fly.

 

As mentioned, the first one is a panel state issue being tracked. The latter two are misunderstandings of how the plane is supposed to work.

  • Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, windshearDK said:

When entering radius' of FIX airports larger than 500 NM I get a message its not available:

This is correct behavior. Allowed radius entry is < 512 NM

Edited by mfrantz
  • Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com


devteam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...