Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Today's headlines : Flight Environment released???

Either Alzheimer is hitting me a little soon (I'm only 67) or our friends at AVSIM had too much beer today, as Flight Environment was realeased somewhere early april????:-beerchug:-laugh1J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

And the new version of ActiveSky is on the brink of release... Am I paranoid or this is an attempt to lure potential customers to the Flight1 product? *:-*

I just dont get it, they did that also with an update to AS4. It would look better not to have a headline at all if this is the best they can do.

Guest Peter Wilding

I don't know why Avsim released this today. Way late.The only news they should be releasing about FE is that we are working with Active Sky to ensure it's 100% compatible with Acitve Sky and that Damian Clark is going to ensure both products work well together as are we.The products are not competing with each other but enhancing each other. More cloud options won't hurt Active Sky and FE is not hurt but people using a weather engine.There does seem to be a miss understanding out there that the products are competing but they are not.The style of coulds are a little different and some will favor one over another but the point is that FE customers will get full function of ICS cloud selection and posibily Damian will be able to manuipulate the water for FE customers with the AS engine in the same way.We are going to pro-actively steer FE customers toowards using AS but I'm sure there are cetain users out there who are a little too ready to asume they have to stick up for one side or the other but the developers are sticking up for their customers and intelligently realize that each product can benefit the other significanlty.There are already thousands of FE customers who are potential customers of AS and like wise there will be some advantages of future AS customers benefiting from using FE.So don't worry; Avsim were just very late in making the annoucement but the points raised here should be answered and please fear not. FE and Flight One are working together with Damian Clark and Chris Willis to get the best posible soloutions to their customers.The point is we as developers realize that many users will have both products and we are not trying to lure each others customers but rather enchance their experience with their hobby and deliver a better solution to suit their taste, desires and needs.Peter

Hi Peter, AVSIM had already made a very similar anouncement about the FE release on april 4th. I kind of jokingly put it on too much beer during a friday afternoon celebration of the upcoming week-end, but more seriously, the announcement of FE being just released is probably due to a quirk of some sort. And if Flight One wanted to give us a shout about "Hey, don't forget FE" at the time where AS verson 5 is going to be out, there is nothing wrong in that as far as I am concerned.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

And by now the anouncement has been deleted from the headlines page. Ok it's 2am in Europe, time to go to bed. And to our friends over the ocean, have a nice evening.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest Paul Heaney

They must be smoking the same stuff that they were, when they announced the ITVV Concorde DVD was released, when I already had it about a year.