Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

CTD - DSOUND.DLL - P3Dv3 Can't Run for More than 30 min

I cannot get P3d to run for more than 30 minutes and get CTDs after going through LM's debuggin steps and searcing extensively in this forum. Have tried reducing settings, scaling back my overclock but still getting this error every time I fly. Sound flickers and stutters before the CTD. Error info below:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: DSOUND.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x3996fb4e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004182c
Faulting process id: 0x3b58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d45cf23089cb6d
Faulting application path: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll
Report Id: f8edf8d9-9119-40e0-a81e-457e3ca92483
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

accompanied by

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2018-10-05T21:41:50.786124700Z

EventRecordID 11464

Channel Application

Computer BRAINCHILD2

Security
- EventData
      Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFA673C182C

In regards to the dotnet error, recommend following the answer provided at the following link - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/125e76cc-dc83-436c-8502-9b3e60cfb5d5/net-framework-version-v4030319-description-the-process-was-terminated-due-to-an-unhandled?forum=netfxsetup.  More information can be found on page 29, AVSIM CTD Guide.  Dotnet's are used by developers to make sure their product runs properly as they intended.  So, if not installed properly, you will see a crash.  Many of the problems are associated with permissions.  So, make sure you installed with Admin Privileges and you always start up P3DV4 with Admin Privileges for ALL users.

In regards to the dsound.dll error - this is a system file and used by an addon to P3Dv4.  It is NOT a P3DV4 error.  P3DV4 just happened to be running when the issue occurred.  You just need to figure out which add-on was not installed properly and is causing this error.  It is possible your sound card was not properly identified and loaded in your P3D.cfg.  You can try renaming the p3d.cfg to p3d.off, restart P3D and it will rebuild.  If this does not resolve the problem then, you can go back and rename your old p3d.off to p3d.cfg.

There are a lot of add-ons that use the system dsound.dll.  It could be an add-on scenery, an add-on aircraft.  You should suspect an add-on installed just before the crashes started.  It would be easy to check scenery.  Just move all files and folders in the Documents/Prepar3v4 Add-on folder to a temp directory.  None of your add-ons will run and you can see if the error continues.  If not, then one of your scenery add-ons is the culprit.  I would suspect the scenery add-on you were flying over or near when the crash occurred.  For the aircraft, you should suspect the aircraft you were flying.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim thanks for the informative answer. I have a suspicion that it could be the PMDG 737-700 that could be causing trouble as the error seems to happen moving from the virtual cockpit to spot view. I'm going to reinstall with Admin privileges and see if that doesn't do the trick.

My other relevant addons running at the time of the crashes:

• AS
  • ASCA
  • Aerosoft Simwings Madrid Professional 
  • FTX GLOBAL
  • FTX VECTOR
  • FTX LC EUROPE
  • GSX LEVEL 2
Edited by CordoganAir

21 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In regards to the dotnet error, recommend following the answer provided at the following link - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/125e76cc-dc83-436c-8502-9b3e60cfb5d5/net-framework-version-v4030319-description-the-process-was-terminated-due-to-an-unhandled?forum=netfxsetup.  More information can be found on page 29, AVSIM CTD Guide.  Dotnet's are used by developers to make sure their product runs properly as they intended.  So, if not installed properly, you will see a crash.  Many of the problems are associated with permissions.  So, make sure you installed with Admin Privileges and you always start up P3DV4 with Admin Privileges for ALL users.

In regards to the dsound.dll error - this is a system file and used by an addon to P3Dv4.  It is NOT a P3DV4 error.  P3DV4 just happened to be running when the issue occurred.  You just need to figure out which add-on was not installed properly and is causing this error.  It is possible your sound card was not properly identified and loaded in your P3D.cfg.  You can try renaming the p3d.cfg to p3d.off, restart P3D and it will rebuild.  If this does not resolve the problem then, you can go back and rename your old p3d.off to p3d.cfg.

There are a lot of add-ons that use the system dsound.dll.  It could be an add-on scenery, an add-on aircraft.  You should suspect an add-on installed just before the crashes started.  It would be easy to check scenery.  Just move all files and folders in the Documents/Prepar3v4 Add-on folder to a temp directory.  None of your add-ons will run and you can see if the error continues.  If not, then one of your scenery add-ons is the culprit.  I would suspect the scenery add-on you were flying over or near when the crash occurred.  For the aircraft, you should suspect the aircraft you were flying.

Whelp I tried everything today and I kept getting CTD becasue of dsound.dll. Thus, have just gone with the nuclear option. I did a full uninstall of the sim and all addons. VERY FRUSTRATING but also a bit of a cathartic experience. Going to have to take a few weeks to let the anger subside then I'll maybe try to install again....maybe not.

Edited by CordoganAir