Sign in to follow this  
ph-cxz

Ground map gone in b748

I recently changed the default jetways at EDDF from aerosoft to SODE which was created using the gsx level2 but now my ground map is gone. This suggest that the ground map for eddf was not on the afcad. So I am wondering which files are used for the ground map. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1YOmQ1McUbHBcF594AWUTCT2BlL60XDQo?ios-app-redirect=true&sort=13&direction=a

these were the files I used. 

did some testing and it seems that the files for EDDF remove the ground map while the files for EGKK still work.

I don't have a problem with Aerosoft EDDF, GSX2 and PMDG.  The ground map is the airport file by definition (af, afcad, ade, adx, etc).  In your case it is the ADX file.

The GSX conversion to SODE jetways does not remove the ground map, it does create an exclude file outside of P3D which removes the default BGL jetways.  This has nothing to do with the map of the airport and in fact does not modify the Aerosoft ADX file.

Run the EFB scan for your addons again.  Check your EFBMapAddons.txt file to see which file the EFB has found for use as the airport map.

Dan Downs KCRP

36 minutes ago, downscc said:

I don't have a problem with Aerosoft EDDF, GSX2 and PMDG.  The ground map is the airport file by definition (af, afcad, ade, adx, etc).  In your case it is the ADX file.

The GSX conversion to SODE jetways does not remove the ground map, it does create an exclude file outside of P3D which removes the default BGL jetways.  This has nothing to do with the map of the airport and in fact does not modify the Aerosoft ADX file.

Run the EFB scan for your addons again.  Check your EFBMapAddons.txt file to see which file the EFB has found for use as the airport map.

I will certainly check the efb map addons.txt but this one didn’t include a bgl exclude file.

First, by "ground map" I assume you mean the airport map on the ND, right?

What do you actually mean be "ground map is gone"?

If something went wrong with scanning the scenery files there would still be a map,  but it would be the default scenery EDDF instead of Aerosoft's EDDF.

If you see no ground map at all, do you have the correct conditions for displaying the map?

1. EDDF has been entered as origin or destination in the FMC ROUTE page

2. Your aircraft is actually located at EDDF

3. ND range on the EFIS panel is set at 5 NM or less

4. You have pressed the APT button on the EFIS panel

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

1 hour ago, mfrantz said:

First, by "ground map" I assume you mean the airport map on the ND, right?

What do you actually mean be "ground map is gone"?

If something went wrong with scanning the scenery files there would still be a map,  but it would be the default scenery EDDF instead of Aerosoft's EDDF.

If you see no ground map at all, do you have the correct conditions for displaying the map?

1. EDDF has been entered as origin or destination in the FMC ROUTE page

2. Your aircraft is actually located at EDDF

3. ND range on the EFIS panel is set at 5 NM or less

4. You have pressed the APT button on the EFIS panel

i did all that but i found the culprit which was that the files suggest to remove EDDF_AFX_OP7 or OP6 in the readme. the procedures to remove aerosofts jetways from eddf are different to the exclude xml that gsx level 2 asks for.