Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

OTT and FlyInside

Am using FlyInside + FSX SE + Rift (runtime 1.x) + Win 10 Home Ed.

When I start the OTT (right click run as admin) and change to 45 FPS with ASW of 45 FPS without ASW. I can see in the sim that that has been changed.

However, when changing pixel override from 0 to 1.5 or even higher like 1.6.1.7.1.8.1.9 or 2.0 I do not see a significant change in resolution of sharpness improvement in the sim.

Does this even work in this combination? Should it work, Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

1 hour ago, avhpilot said:

Am using FlyInside + FSX SE + Rift (runtime 1.x) + Win 10 Home Ed.

When I start the OTT (right click run as admin) and change to 45 FPS with ASW of 45 FPS without ASW. I can see in the sim that that has been changed.

However, when changing pixel override from 0 to 1.5 or even higher like 1.6.1.7.1.8.1.9 or 2.0 I do not see a significant change in resolution of sharpness improvement in the sim.

Does this even work in this combination? Should it work, Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Flyinside has its own pixel/res implementation built in.. independent of OTT.

Also how are you running FSXSE/Flyinside without micro judder??

That is the main reason I quit using it

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Yes blueshark is right. Don't use OOT supersampling flyinside has it built in. You will only overload the GPU.

15 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Also how are you running FSXSE/Flyinside without micro judder??

I have never had any judder issues with FI for FSX SE.

I remember having had some shakiness with Rift when using Asus turbo mode (which is a sort preset overclock setting from within an ASUS tool). For some reason i seem to be stuck with the default clock setting of the processor in order to experience smooth operating.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, avhpilot said:

I have never had any judder issues with FI for FSX SE.

I remember having had some shakiness with Rift when using Asus turbo mode (which is a sort preset overclock setting from within an ASUS tool). For some reason i seem to be stuck with the default clock setting of the processor in order to experience smooth operating.

You sure??

Like low altitude flying past scenery objects looking left or right and they aren't passing by jerky???

What settings are you using in Flyinside and FSX???

Frame rate lock?

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

oh sure, if you mean by 'judder' that in areas with heavy autogen at low altitude the landscape projects like a powerpoint slide show, then Yes.

but the fps of the sim, dreadful as it can be (below 10 fps) is bearable because headmovement in the vc is still at 90 fps.

i have an old i7 980X running at 3.45 gHz. no overclock. when i do that, the rift starts to shake.

frames are set to unlimited in fsx:se

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---

Hey there,

hopefully someone can point me into the right direction. I am using OTT and native P3D V4.3 VR.

Whatever Supersampling I set in OTT it slows down my Sim but it makes no visual difference, same blurry gauges in the 777.

Does it matter what Resolution I set in P3D when using VR?

Thanks guys! 🙂

Just got me the Oculus Debug Tool to work with and it seems to work. However I can see a huge difference when downsampling to like 0.3 but everything greater than 1 seems to only lower FPS with no visual impact. Fonts are still very hard to read.