Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

PMDG 747 V3 OOM after long haul

13 hours ago, downscc said:

Sure... I bet there are still a few around using FS9.

Yep, I still have it installed... only addons: level D 767 and 9dragons kai tak xD I do touch and gos.. don‘t judge me xD

On 10/17/2018 at 8:31 PM, DavidP said:

Fair dinkum, do we??

Qantas with a "u" just doesn't look right 🤣

My wife's from the Philippines, and a news report on Manila airport and a terminal change regarding said airline did a very odd pronunciation of Qantas - can't remember exactly how they said it, but it made me turn my head around. 🙂  

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

My wife's from the Philippines, and a news report on Manila airport and a terminal change regarding said airline did a very odd pronunciation of Qantas - can't remember exactly how they said it, but it made me turn my head around. 🙂  

Reminds me of picking my cousin up from IAD years back. The flight kept getting delayed, and it was pre-internet (to my house, anyway), so I kept calling American's flight info line. The recorded message was spoken by southern-midwesterner, so "Dulles" sounded vaguely like "Dallas." For a moment, I thought I had the wrong flight info, until she repeated the message of "American [whatever it was] will be arriving at Washington Dællus at [whatever evening time it was]."

Kyle Rodgers

KIAD has a special place in my heart, as it was the first US airport I visited in the early 90's. I was intrigued by the mobile lounges that are virtually unheard of anywhere else.

My sister lived in Fairfax at the time, and I still have memories of cycling on the bike trail between Reston and Herndon. Memories of an old store in Vienna,

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

KIAD has a special place in my heart, as it was the first US airport I visited in the early 90's. I was intrigued by the mobile lounges that are virtually unheard of anywhere else.

My sister lived in Fairfax at the time, and I still have memories of cycling on the bike trail between Reston and Herndon. Memories of an old store in Vienna,

Yeah, those dinosaurs still roam about the ramp, supplemented by the train that runs underground. To be honest, unless you're going to A or B, you're better off on the dinosaurs. The train station for C is built under where the planned new C/D terminal will be (whenever that happens), so you end up passing under C/D, continuing on for about 1/8 mile, and stopping out there. The walk back to the terminal from the station takes longer than it does to catch the dinosaur to the D terminal and walk to C, and I walk pretty quickly (a habit I picked up from having to walk all around IAD when I worked there).

Grew up in Fairfax, live in Reston, and used to live in Herndon when I worked at IAD. The trail is the Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD), and I put waaaaaay too many miles on it back when I rode outside a lot more. The W&OD runs through Vienna, too, and a lot of those old stores are still there - Vienna Inn, the old church, a few old consignment shops, and, of course, the Amphora (as is the caboose that sits next to the trail).

Small world!

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers