Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

X-Plane Uploads - Are there None

I think AVSIM is missing out here.

As both a P3DV4 guy and XP11 guy I can't get enough of XP11 freeware, especially airports. There are two other sites where users can access files for download. I download hundreds.

I just ran a check, perhaps I'm doing it wrong but I used....*.* and the X-Plane category and absolutely no XP files were listed.

So uploaders are not using AVSIM as a source? Too bad. Perhaps AVSIM can drum up a little business in this area. X-Plane.org is the goto place along with the other major sim repository.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Try something more specific than "*.*" which doesn't return anything in other sections of the library either.  I tried "London" and found two files for X-Plane.  "USA" returned only three so I suspect there's not much X-Plane content to be had from here.

Edited by AndyUK

In general i think it's better to have things on a single site. avsim is cleary at p3d traction, let it be. If i want to check files, i go to the other site.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I'm not a fan of the organization and search function over at the .org, but I do think it works better for everyone when there is a single main file repository for a sim. That makes it easier for the developers of free aircraft and scenery to manage updates and user support.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It takes a bit of getting used to,but once you've searched a few times,you get the hang of it. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

OK so there isn`t much uploaded hear that`s what I thought but found interesting. The Org is certainly the big player, but AVSIM has been supportive of all simulators but for some reason XP freeware uploaders are sticking to the one site...which is fine by me. And I agree with others that the search feature over at the org is difficult at times, takes some work to get what you want.

Bryan

Near CAM3

Flightsim has some X-Plane uploads, mostly sceneries, but the download speed is quite low for regular members.

Searching for sceneries is much easier with http://apxp.info/ (but the site is down at the moment) and there's always https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page, which will at least tell you which default scenery has 3D buildings, taxi networks, etc.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Yes agreed.

Near CAM3