Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

Question about GSX Basic Edition and SODE

Hi all.

Can I use GSX without SODE ?

I do not want to use jetways, just stairs.

I use Dash 8 and other twin turboprops, plus Airfoce One 747 (PMDG).

SO, will it work OK without jetways etc. .

Thnx

The Basic GSX ( without the Level 2 expansion ), will work both with default CTRL+J jetways or 3rd party jetways, using CTRL+J OR SODE, and will also work on aprons with stairs and a bus. The existing jetways of the scenery, whatever method they use, won't be changed by GSX. There will be NO visible passengers to be seen in basic GSX.

The Expanded GSX ( with the Level 2 expansion ), will REPLACE default CTRL+J jetways at default airport automatically with SODE jetways, and will give the option to replace CTRL+J jetways at 3rd party airports with SODE jetways. You'll see animated passengers with both SODE jetways (either replaced by GSX or provided by the scenery ) and with passenger stairs+bus.

The current GSX installer will install both SODE and the Level 2 features, which requires a separate license, so the expansion features will work in Trial mode (free at FSDT airports and some Trial airports), until purchased. You'll have all default jetways of default airports replaced by GSX but, as long the Level 2 is in Trial, they won't move outside the Trial/FSDT airports. Animated passengers will also work on Trial/FSDT airports only.

If you are not interested in animated passengers and replaced SODE jetways, the GSX Control Panel utility will let you easily restore the default jetways, so they will go back to their old model, but they will be animated again. The rest of GSX will continue to work with all Basic features.

Edited by virtuali

Hi.

So if I buy the basic package, I don't need SODE ?

And, in my Dash 8 at a ramp, stairs will be brought to the doors, along with service vehicles etc. ?

As I say, I have zero interest in installing SODE at all, and have NO use for jetways.

Thnx

Edited by Gabe777

39 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

So if I buy the basic package, I don't need SODE ?

Yes, GSX by itself will work without SODE but, regardless if you want Level 2 or not, the GSX installer will install SODE in any case, since almost all FSDT sceneries now require both GSX and SODE. So, basically, the Level 2 features are both free *and* mandatory at FSDT airports.

You can of course decide to re-enable the default jetways at default airports, but SODE must be kept installed for almost all FSDT sceneries. And, of course, lots of other 3rd party airports out there as well.

And, in my Dash 8 at a ramp, stairs will be brought to the doors, along with service vehicles etc. ?

That's how GSX always worked. But with no passengers, without Level 2.

Edited by virtuali

OK, thanks for your help.

Maybe I should embrace SODE. Just don't like installing all these extra dll files and stuff.

More to go wrong !

4 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

OK, thanks for your help.

Maybe I should embrace SODE. Just don't like installing all these extra dll files and stuff.

More to go wrong !

SODE is very stable for past 18+ months. I've not had any problems with it and I've seen very few posts in any forum of problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi again guys.

After much thought I am purchasing full package 1 and 2 and will give it a go.

Looking better all the time, so I should go for it. Thnx for your advice.