akabam

747-8/F Rain Maker

Recommended Posts

Ive seen it done on the fslabs and now with the 747-8/F via tomatoshade to have a lot better rain effects.

Any chance this will come to the 747-8/F as tomatoshade does not like my super computer for some reason.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

48 minutes ago, akabam said:

Ive seen it done on the fslabs and now with the 747-8/F via tomatoshade to have a lot better rain effects.

Any chance this will come to the 747-8/F as tomatoshade does not like my super computer for some reason.

Thanks

Part of that comes from tomatoshade itself and part comes from fslabs itself. I don’t know if it was a beta version or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ph-cxz said:

Part of that comes from tomatoshade itself and part comes from fslabs itself. I don’t know if it was a beta version or not.

There must be more coming from tomatoshade since people are posting pictures of the 747-8 with advanced rain features.

It just came out so not a lot of people know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sure this isn't an issue of a 747-8, and not our 747-8? XPL, for example, has much better rain effects by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You sure this isn't an issue of a 747-8, and not our 747-8? XPL, for example, has much better rain effects by default.

Its not an issue. Its cool and the rain looks more realistic etc. Was wondering if thats something that PMDG could addon to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects. It controls and adds reflections to some degree. As with pour hobby and platform you have to try and tune it for your machine.

9 hours ago, akabam said:

There must be more coming from tomatoshade since people are posting pictures of the 747-8 with advanced rain features. 

What is "advanced rain features" in your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stratox said:

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects.

Direct from the developer of TomatoShade:

"Now to a big new feature of the new version - the refractive rain drops: this addition lays on top of the wind shield effects the aircraft itself produces. It does not create raindrops itself. To be able to see this feature, you need to have a profile for the VC applied, which has this feature activated. At the moment, only the FSLabs A319 profiles are up to date, the PMDG 747-8 VC is for an older version of the -8. You can still use it, however the profile is not complete yet.

The refractive rain works with FSLabs rain effects, PMDG Rainmaker, TrueGlass and A2A's rain effect with the Bonanza."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 10:58 PM, akabam said:

Its not an issue. Its cool and the rain looks more realistic etc. Was wondering if thats something that PMDG could addon to

I wasn’t saying it was an issue in the negative sense. I was questioning on whether or not what you saw was a video of someone else’s product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the rain effects were added onto via tomatoshade and was wondering was it possible to do this without tomatoshade itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, krazyk said:

Direct from the developer of TomatoShade:

"Now to a big new feature of the new version - the refractive rain drops: this addition lays on top of the wind shield effects the aircraft itself produces. It does not create raindrops itself. To be able to see this feature, you need to have a profile for the VC applied, which has this feature activated. At the moment, only the FSLabs A319 profiles are up to date, the PMDG 747-8 VC is for an older version of the -8. You can still use it, however the profile is not complete yet.

The refractive rain works with FSLabs rain effects, PMDG Rainmaker, TrueGlass and A2A's rain effect with the Bonanza."

Sounds amazing! Do they have a website or so, where they make these statements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Sounds amazing! Do they have a website or so, where they make these statements?

Discord usually. The developer likes to maintain his privacy so he's only active when he's ready to announce a new version of TomatoShade. You can reach out to him but that again is also only possible via Discord.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 5:59 AM, Stratox said:

Tomato doesn't do anything in regards to the rain effects. It controls and adds reflections to some degree. As with pour hobby and platform you have to try and tune it for your machine.

What is "advanced rain features" in your opinion.

🧐🧐🧐🧐 yes it does sometimes it pays just to do a little bit of research before putting a comment up 

richard Nunez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now