Sign in to follow this  

Nail in coffin AFS2...?

It could imply anything, I suppose. But to be clear, there is nothing explicitly stated with regard to AF2 in the thread that I referenced. Do you wish to add anything specific?

Well, to be specific, creating TrueEarth regions is hard and time-consuming work. It took me many months to get the first part of England ready. In order to get more out at the rate customers expect, they need more developers. The developers will be simulator agnostic, since the work description is to help out on stuff that could be used on any sim (e.g. Editing orthos).

As for details or specifics, I'm not allowed to discuss what products are coming and for which simulators, just that ORBX are in this for the long term 🙂

6 hours ago, monica6211 said:

We are impatient, inconsiderate, relentless, and downright vicious. 

... and demand Instant gratification!

Often an announcement is made of some new release, and the first thing you read in the forums is: "Great, can't wait for MY AIRPORT OF CHOICE" or "Cool, When are you going to do THE PLANE I AM MOMENTARILY INTERESTED IN".
The dev has just spent 100's of hours producing a masterpiece and the only feedback is Me. Me. Me.  

Next time it happens I will quote your post in full. We need to develop a little empathy for the folk who feed our hobby.

Edited by WingZ
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, WingZ said:

... and demand Instant gratification!

Often an announcement is made of some new release, and the first thing you read in the forums is: "Great, can't wait for MY AIRPORT OF CHOICE" or "Cool, When are you going to do THE PLANE I AM MOMENTARILY INTERESTED IN".
The dev has just spent 100's of hours producing a masterpiece and the only feedback is Me. Me. Me.  

Next time it happens I will quote your post in full. We need to develop a little empathy for the folk who feed our hobby.

I think I could write a whole, thick, book on how badly we treat developers, but I just wanted to stick to the topic from this OP.

We give developers our money, this is not charity and they don't need empathy per se. I pay for a product, if i am not happy with it i am free to complain about it.
In regard of AFS2 tho, we all knew when we bought it that it was an investment in the future with a slow pace (especially considering how few are working on it). I need them to be dedicated on their "baby" and work on it, and i think they are doing it even tho they don't share much info on what might come soon.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

But in any case, AF2 isn't going to get their full attention in the short term.

I think you're right. But with TrueEarth Netherlands they have shown that they have the necessary tools to be able to transfer this type of product to AFS2. Therefore, I believe that Orbx also will transfer TrueEarth Great Britain to AFS2 in 2019. The foundation has already been produced.