Sign in to follow this  
tbarker1989

Light simconnect values

I have noticed a one thing that I have a question about. The logo light, taxi light, and strobe light do not sync up with the vPilot ACCconfig. I spoke with Ross on the vPilot forums and he said it could be the fact that the aircraft is sending other than default simconnect values for logo light, taxi light and strobe lights. Is this true? I don't know where to look for this otherwise I would look for it myself. Could you provide any information about this? I believe it was observed with testing on the 777 as well. 

Thanks,

10 hours ago, tbarker1989 said:

I have noticed a one thing that I have a question about. The logo light, taxi light, and strobe light do not sync up with the vPilot ACCconfig. I spoke with Ross on the vPilot forums and he said it could be the fact that the aircraft is sending other than default simconnect values for logo light, taxi light and strobe lights. Is this true? I don't know where to look for this otherwise I would look for it myself. Could you provide any information about this? I believe it was observed with testing on the 777 as well. 

Thanks,

Tim,

What exactly is the "vPilot ACCconfig"? I am using Vpilot and have no issues at all.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Vpilot ACConfig is how vpilot syncs your lights, gear, spoilers and flaps to the vatsim servers so other people see the proper configuration. It doesn't effect me it just effects how others sees my lights. If you open .debug in vpilot and start flipping the light switches, flaps, spoilers and gear, you will see "sending incremental ACConfig update." This does not happen with the R INBD Landing light, both runway turnoff lights, taxi light, strobe light or logo light. The INBD R Landing light and runway turn off lights aren't an issue because there only needs to be one landing light to sync up the landing lights and runway turn off lights aren't modeled in the ACConfig.

I know these aircraft are very complex. I know these things work on other aircraft. I will understand if certain things may not be able to be changed but if a few minor simconnect changes in the aircraft would make it standard so these things sync up might be an option. If not no big deal. I was just inquiring to see your opinion.

Does this make sense? 

An explanation of this is seen here

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=67607

Thanks,

Edited by tbarker1989
Added more

Tim,

will need to check with the dev team on this as not 100% sure if something custom is used for the lights 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Tim,

For the most part, **everything** in our products is an entirely customized process that takes place outside the sim.  We then push data in-and-out of the sim to deal with various items that the sim needs to know about/control, such as landing gear, flaps, etc.

I know the lighting controls are entirely customized as well, but off the top of my head I can't think of any reason we wouldn't have pushed state data at simconnect.  Two possibilities come to mind:

1) We simply overlooked it.

2) We chose not to because of some interference with the custom visual lighting process.

It has been so long since we wrote those pieces I do not honestly recall- but I'll throw a note in our work tracking to take a look.  If it turns out to be #1 it won't be hard to push the state data to simconnect, and it will appear in a future update.

No promises on ETA tho- we are in the midst of a pretty aggressive update schedule for the entire 747 series right now.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob and Chris,

That is not a problem, I understand the aircraft are very complex and if it cannot be done then it cannot be done. I just wanted to state what I had experienced. This would not impact my flying experience directly but it would impact it indirectly. For instance someone seeing the correct lighting of my aircraft as I have it configured or if they are flying the aircraft then I will see their current light state as they have it configured.

Thank you for the quick replies.

I did some further testing in an attempt to assist with the issue.

I tested these aircraft with the following results:

747-400 & 747-8 - OUTBD L and R, INBD L, Beacon, and Nav provided updates. INBD R, rwy turnoff L & R, taxi, strobe, wing and logo provided no updates. The wing and rwy turnoff lights aren't an issue

777-300 & 777-200 - Landing L, N, and R, Beacon, and Nav provided updates. Rwy turnoff L & R, taxi, strobe, wing, and logo provided no updates. The wing and rwy turnoff lights aren't an issue just like in the 747.

737-800 - Fixed landing gear, taxi, logo, anti collision, and position all provided updates. I was by myself so I could not verify that the Position light on steady was nav lights only and on strobe and steady that it was nav lights and strobes. Retractable landing, runway turnoff, wing and wheel well lights provided no update which isn't an issue for the application. Based on previous aircraft tests being the same I only tested one version of 737.

Based on my results I believe the 737 is fine where it is at. It could be added to the retractable if you wanted it to be symmetrical. I know some of the information that I provided is not needed but might as well be thorough. All aircraft are the current release versions. 

I hope this is beneficial to the process

Thanks,

In the next 747-400/747-8 update the issue will be fixed for the Strobe and Taxi lights.

The Logo lights issue will remain for now because it interferes with our custom visual lighting process, but it will be addressed in a future update (same applies for the 777). 

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

is it possible to also advise if the Spoilers on the 747-400 provide updates?  I recently watched a recording of Simfests worldflight leg from Port Morseby to Cairns where I was pushing back from the gate when they taxi'd toward me and could see myself. I was confused to see that, even though they were stowed, I saw that my plane through their eye's showed that my speed bakes were in the up position - they even made comment saying that was "weird". i was in the PMDG 747 using vPilot in host mode on my flightsim PC, and remote mode on my supporting laptop. I have since discovered that this is how I am depicted at all times once moving. Any ideas as to why?