Sign in to follow this  
matt1981

Loading from a saved point

G'day all, 

Firstly let me apologize if this had been covered before. I did use the search function i promise!

I fly the 300er in the real world and cant speak highly enough of PMDG 777 its hands down the sole reason i probably get through my sims, speaking of which, i have one next week and i am doing a few procedures etc and what i have found is i save point along the way ie FL350 so i can practice multiple drift downs etc. or 5nm prior to the IAP in level flight flap 5 and flap 5 speed, however when i reload from a saved 'said' point there is a 15 sec delay whilst the the aircraft initializes and the aircraft becomes uncontrollable or at very least altitude deviations and large speed excursions.  I am sure there is logical solution that i am just too thick to figure out.  

Thanks in advance 

Regards

Matt

Edited by matt1981

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You're right that it can take a while to settle down after loading a saved situation. It does eventually recover itself (in most instances) but can be a bit messy to begin with. All I can suggest is to save earlier in your desired scenario to give the plane time to settle down before reaching the point you want to be at? Note: it's always a good idea to restart the sim before reloading a saved scenario.

The only situation where I've had to intervene after it's 'settled down' is if I save during a holding pattern on LNAV. It doesn't like that and I've always had to re-establish it in the hold myself.

Try setting the simulation to pause (Y key? I am not in the simulator right now) once you have loaded the aircraft and before it enters the initialization. 

Regards, 

Holger

3 hours ago, geholger said:

Try setting the simulation to pause (Y key? I am not in the simulator right now) once you have loaded the aircraft and before it enters the initialization. 

Regards, 

Holger

pause (P) won't help as the addon only initialized with the sim time running. Y would bring you into slew mode, which could work. 

but nevertheless, you really can't land and then simply reload a complex addon like PMDG in FSX/P3D. Unfortunately this will spool up everything. While P3D is called a professional simulator, this is something it really lacks. 

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

pause (P) won't help as the addon only initialized with the sim time running. Y would bring you into slew mode, which could work. 

You are right - that‘s what I use. I put the simulation in slew mode (Y key) once loaded and wait until the aircraft has initialized. 

I have used previously saved scenarios often, usually from before TOD to fly the arrival and approach again if first time was sloppy.

I've never tried the slew mode, never had a problem, just be sure to have the aircraft in a straight and level configuration, steady speed and at least 10 nm before any change in heading or a waypoint.  If things are going crazy it is possible that your weather engine is causing the problem.... I use Active Sky locked to simulator time to ensure I get the same weather than existed when it was saved.