I am kidding (to avoid to put pressure) but at the same time I am serrious.

fppilot could be a RXP MVP 🙂 Maybe he is already?

"A MVP, also known as a Most Valuable Professional (MVP), is an individual that has been selected to receive an annual award for outstanding contributions within communities that utilize RXP technologies."

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If only I'd know how to set one's status on the forum, I'd be pleased!

Happy you would be please to do it, IMHO and from what I observe fppilot deserves it.

I don't know this forum software but generally it is an admin who creates member status.

Then he assigns a status to a member. Just like for you Jean-Luc: "President, Reality-XP".

Sometimes a moderator (you are) can set status too but here on AVSIM I dont think so.

So for the whole thing, you would ask Jim Young.

Alternatively, and for simplicity, you and ffpilot could agree on a text, for example "RXP MVP" or whatever appropriate, and ffpilot would add it in his signature.

Difficult to decide if this honors, or humors!  My own experience with RXP products led to this. But the reality and sequence was:

(1) Work arduously through an extensive learning curve
(2) Read the provided product documentation

What I learned was:

(1) Read the provided product documentation
(2) Work comfortably through a shorter learning curve.

That may be oversimplified, but it is pretty spot on in regard to requests for help seen posted here. 

My further observation is that the provided user manuals may be written in a context more familiar to the development process than to application by the yet-educated user.  What seems intuitive to those with deep technological knowledge may not translate as easily as expected to all end users. It took a long time for me to understand the concept of a 5th parameter, as one example.  As many times as I read about the 5th parameter, I had no idea what it referred to until I blundered myself into it. Then finally I understood it.

What is contributed here is just a result of that.  A dose of help, and a challenge to read the documentation and work through a learning curve.  That, by-the-way, is the nature of many if not most user experiences with products that are new to the user.

• Upvote 1

Hi Franck,

I'm serious : you are very knowledgeable and very helpful to others.

• Upvote 1