Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D v4.3 crashes with MyTraffic6 addon

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You need to scroll down to near the bottom of that link Rick. Specific v4 instructions do not mention simobjects and scenery configs.

Bingo, Ray.Got it all now. MT6a Ai traffic at a non-UK2000 airport. Thanks for your head-up

Mine's 207 aircraft folders.

Edited by vc10man

Presently I have 177 folders in My Traffic aircraft folder.

Regarding the scenery index of my traffic, it is in rank 122, just below all my ORBX scenery (on a total of 207 areas in the current scenery.cfg file)

(it is always at a very low index in any case, but as I have a tool to generate my scenery.cfg file, it may be moving a little depending on the scenery files I include for the current session of simulation)

Patrice.

Edited by patrice_bambou
  • Upvote 1

Patrice Dubois

Patrice, many thanks. I’ll check tomorrow pm.

Rick, no crash? Have you removed the aircraft listed in Patrice’s message?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Patrice, many thanks. I will double check those files tomorrow.

Those are the same files I have in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You already checked those files and it did not fix your problem.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rick, no crash?

No crash at all.Tried VABB and EGCC. No CTD just opening P3Dv4. Did not set-up a flight, although as a safeguard, I did follow Elaine's guideline and deleted the Trafficmil.bgl

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Those are the same files I have in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You already checked those files and it did not fix your problem.

I removed all those listed in the CTD Guide but still had crashes. A desperate man clutches at straws.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Jim,

I've just compared the AvSim list against Patrice's. Patrice has two not listed in yours:-

SuperEtendardMX and SuperDimonaMX

And you have one he hasn't listed:- UH60MX

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Some progress. With my configuration (exe.xml and dll.xml) as it was yesterday but with the 'bad' aircraft removed from MT6 I fired up P3D v4. It crashed before the free flight screen was displayed.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting different results. So I edited exe.xml and removed the entries for ChasePlane and GoFlight.executable - GFDevP3Dv4.exe.

Started P3D again and without those two loading the splash screen appeared. Exited and tried again. Still good. Five times it worked okay. I went into the sim and moved to various airports - EGCC, EGLL, LFPG and EDDF. All worked fine.

So it looks like one of those two executables is the problem. I need GF so that will go back in and let's see what happens...

LATER: After 5 successful loads without those exes I tried a sixth time and the word not allowed thing crashed. So frustrating. I also lost my two GF166 modules - not recognised when P3D booted so had to reinstall the software. They're fixed now.

Now trying with ChasePlane in exe.xml but not GF.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm abandoning attempts to get MT6 to work. Without it I can load all the other exes and DLLs I need but as soon as I enable the MT6 add-on the crashes come back.

It's pretty rare for something like this to defeat me but I cannot see any way of fixing it. As Lorby say's MT6 is prone to crashes with P3D v4 and it's time I think to bid it farewell and look for an alternative.

24 hours of head scratching and still no solution. I need to get my other software installed. Thanks to those who tried to help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As Lorby say's MT6 is prone to crashes with P3D v4

This is the main reason I moved up to UTLive - an outstanding AI program.  As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, one of the common reasons for P3DV4 to crash is an incompatible add-on not upgraded for P3DV4, a 64-bit application.  I still have several 'old' applications made for FSX or P3DV3 and earlier and they all work well but you have to be careful.  Aircraft gauges made for older sims simply will not work and will need to be updated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. From reading other's posts it just seemed to be a case of removing those incompatible aircraft from MT6 and all would be well. It seems there's more to it than that. I had no problems with MT6 in P3D v3 which is 32-bit so the tipping point appears to be 64-bit v4.

I only have a Carenado PC-12 and Xtreme Solutions Lear 25 and both of those are fine. Still trying to decide on UTLive or Global Live.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather