Sign in to follow this  
louis8m

Our phases of simming

Don't know about the rest of but 20 yrs of simming seem we go into different phases , years just flying bush,and with the scenery now it is really awesome,  then maybe general aircraft here and  there and a period of jets. Myself i try to stay away from the big boys like LAX ,Frisco and so on ,they drag my rig  down  and airports are  for me are  too big .Just built a new rig so i fiquered since i hardly use the mouse for anything with a pile of Go-Flight modules and configured with the GO-Flight interface tool after years of just using the 737NG i'd try this 777 .When i first seen the panel on my screen after putting it in i said "Oh my what did i just waste my money on with this beast ,i'll never fly it ". Then slowly but slowly reading the manual and watching U-Tube tutorials its about all I've been flying for the last 3 months . Have to admit it's one heck of a nice machine , and have to add about the biggest asset here is the forum support.Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

• Like 4

Louis Massicotte ----Alberta 

12 minutes ago, louis8m said:

Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

I appreciate that, though I'd argue that I could be a bit better in my replies.

I was there, but kept a low profile. RSR and I were both just kind of wandering around for a while before he spoke.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, louis8m said:

Don't know about the rest of but 20 yrs of simming seem we go into different phases , years just flying bush,and with the scenery now it is really awesome,  then maybe general aircraft here and  there and a period of jets. Myself i try to stay away from the big boys like LAX ,Frisco and so on ,they drag my rig  down  and airports are  for me are  too big .Just built a new rig so i fiquered since i hardly use the mouse for anything with a pile of Go-Flight modules and configured with the GO-Flight interface tool after years of just using the 737NG i'd try this 777 .When i first seen the panel on my screen after putting it in i said "Oh my what did i just waste my money on with this beast ,i'll never fly it ". Then slowly but slowly reading the manual and watching U-Tube tutorials its about all I've been flying for the last 3 months . Have to admit it's one heck of a nice machine , and have to add about the biggest asset here is the forum support.Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

A very nice and welcome post.  Kyle has done an excellent job these many years!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Regarding the PMDG support forums I've always preferred hard facts and solutions to politeness (NOT a fan of dedicated PR/CR staff who haven't a clue about the product) but have definitely noticed a trend recently towards hard facts AND politeness. I hope it continues I appreciate this approach a lot!

It's always going to be difficult to be polite rather than condescending when someone 'throws a punch' at your product, but either are much nicer than seeing a counter-punch!

So yes a thumbs up from me too for the PMDG forums.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

have definitely noticed a trend recently towards hard facts AND politeness. I hope it continues I appreciate this approach a lot!

Agreed. Appreciated by myself too.

Edited by Jetset408

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire