louis8m

Our phases of simming

Recommended Posts

Don't know about the rest of but 20 yrs of simming seem we go into different phases , years just flying bush,and with the scenery now it is really awesome,  then maybe general aircraft here and  there and a period of jets. Myself i try to stay away from the big boys like LAX ,Frisco and so on ,they drag my rig  down  and airports are  for me are  too big .Just built a new rig so i fiquered since i hardly use the mouse for anything with a pile of Go-Flight modules and configured with the GO-Flight interface tool after years of just using the 737NG i'd try this 777 .When i first seen the panel on my screen after putting it in i said "Oh my what did i just waste my money on with this beast ,i'll never fly it ". Then slowly but slowly reading the manual and watching U-Tube tutorials its about all I've been flying for the last 3 months . Have to admit it's one heck of a nice machine , and have to add about the biggest asset here is the forum support.Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, louis8m said:

Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

I appreciate that, though I'd argue that I could be a bit better in my replies.

I was there, but kept a low profile. RSR and I were both just kind of wandering around for a while before he spoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, louis8m said:

Don't know about the rest of but 20 yrs of simming seem we go into different phases , years just flying bush,and with the scenery now it is really awesome,  then maybe general aircraft here and  there and a period of jets. Myself i try to stay away from the big boys like LAX ,Frisco and so on ,they drag my rig  down  and airports are  for me are  too big .Just built a new rig so i fiquered since i hardly use the mouse for anything with a pile of Go-Flight modules and configured with the GO-Flight interface tool after years of just using the 737NG i'd try this 777 .When i first seen the panel on my screen after putting it in i said "Oh my what did i just waste my money on with this beast ,i'll never fly it ". Then slowly but slowly reading the manual and watching U-Tube tutorials its about all I've been flying for the last 3 months . Have to admit it's one heck of a nice machine , and have to add about the biggest asset here is the forum support.Kyle in my view makes the product even better the way he handles the forum and i'm sure at times he gets tired of repeating himself but is always professional with the replies . I was hoping he would be in Vegas this summer to meet him but he didn't go.  

 

A very nice and welcome post.  Kyle has done an excellent job these many years!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the PMDG support forums I've always preferred hard facts and solutions to politeness (NOT a fan of dedicated PR/CR staff who haven't a clue about the product) but have definitely noticed a trend recently towards hard facts AND politeness. I hope it continues I appreciate this approach a lot!

It's always going to be difficult to be polite rather than condescending when someone 'throws a punch' at your product, but either are much nicer than seeing a counter-punch!

So yes a thumbs up from me too for the PMDG forums.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

have definitely noticed a trend recently towards hard facts AND politeness. I hope it continues I appreciate this approach a lot!

Agreed. Appreciated by myself too.

Edited by Jetset408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now