Sign in to follow this  
Flieger-Marius

EDRM-Repaints on the PC12

21 hours ago, Flieger-Marius said:

Hi Scott,
there is too many requests made, which is why I don't take fictional ones anymore.
That being said, if you find a real life N# on that livery, I will gladly do so.

I totally understand! 🙂 Thanks. 

On 11/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, mgr said:

The N472SS of Boutique Air? 😊

29394047485_731a518ed7_b.jpg

Marcel

That very paint scheme is already one of the default paints.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

@mgr That'll work.

@Ron Attwood Yes, he asked because I once did the same with a request for D-FCAP, which is on the same livery. As long as they're real I'm okay with it, but I really do understand your love for "change that to my reg, it shouldn't be much work". 😁

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Hiya,

Just to be sure and avoid possible work, was just pointing out the mentioned livery as a N-registration, like requested by user "rightseat". (Not requesting the livery myself 😳)

Kind regards,

Marcel

Hi Marius, what paint program(s) do you use?  I have looked at Photoshop, but now very expensive for what I would use it for. I have Corel Paintshop Pro. Never done a repaint, but I think the PC 12 from Carendo is not what you would say is a starter project, regardless of what paint program I use..

I have sent a paint request to you today for one of the Royal Flying Doctor Services PC12 aircraft (VH FVF). Looks simple...Yeah, I can see you cringing now😀. It is amazing that such a prolific developer like Carendo insists on not creating a  "standard" paint kit that modelers can use. Stands to reason, the more repaints out there for a given aircraft, the more customers who will buy the aircraft. 

Edited by por930

Geoff Bryce

Hi Geoff,
I've replied to your email already. I hope you found the guy I referenced.
As to your questions: I'm using freeware software so that I can limit the expenses to the website, which donations luckily cover.
Paint.net is a fantastically simple image editor that natively supports dds-files. It's quick and although it looks primitive at first you can actually do almost all the necessary work with it if you put some thought into using the layers cleverly.
However in the end you'll need to put your work through the paintkit, which often comes as psd. Gimp is often suggested but I use Photoshop CS2, which because of it's age is freely available from Adobe. Last but not least DXTBmp is a very useful tool to convert textures between compressions, tackle mipmaps and juggle with alpha channels.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:42 AM, por930 said:

Stands to reason, the more repaints out there for a given aircraft, the more customers who will buy the aircraft. 

I really wonder why they haven't figured that one out yet every time I touch their planes.

Edited by Flieger-Marius

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Hi Marius, Ummm, I did not see any email from you. Maybe you can PM me? I will have a look at the old Photoshop version C S2 or similar....Or maybe get a "good" paint kit and get my version of Paintshop Pro working?

***Later Edit**** Found the email. I will check out the name. Curiously, I think I found that exact same repaint from another source a day ago from seeing a PC12 flight on Youtube. He provided me with a very short time link to download it. Works great. 

Edited by por930
Later information.

Geoff Bryce

Nice livery, I am however not planning any more PC12 repaints, other than the once that have been started, already.

N472SS

n472ss.png

Edited by Flieger-Marius

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Wow! Have fun with that. I'm going outside for a while. 🙂

2 hours ago, Flieger-Marius said:

Current (for what feels like an eternity 😄 ) work in progress:

2019-4-3_20-17-39-391iwk0v.jpg

Looks easy enough. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to knock that out. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Painted on my tablet during a quick toilet break, of course 😄

Here she is then: HB-FXN, the 2018 Demo Aircraft for Pilatus:

hbfxn.png

DOWNLOAD

56178462_1272417282911481_38799327434878

56219882_1272417272911482_12494997756072

56371111_1272417336244809_46111153633026

Edited by Flieger-Marius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers