Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

Falcon - great but CTD’s in P3DV4 on startup.

This is a superb biz jet - I've just flown KLAS to KLAX on Pilotedge and had time to have a good look around. The systems work great and the textures are pretty good (no disrespect, but far better than the Learjet on launch). 

I am however struggling with getting started in P3DV4 with numerous CTD's on start up and if I try to change aircraft.

I flew a great flight earlier today having installed Beta3.0. Then closed P3D. Restarted 6 hours later and got CTD's on startup even though Falcon not default flight. Eventually got sorted by starting up scenario with another aircraft then switching. 

I have a system that can load P3D in 20 secs without traffic so shouldn't need to have these initialisation problems. 

Suggestions - or wait for future releases?  Is anyone else having these problems?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

7 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

This is a superb biz jet - I've just flown KLAS to KLAX on Pilotedge and had time to have a good look around. The systems work great and the textures are pretty good (no disrespect, but far better than the Learjet on launch). 

I am however struggling with getting started in P3DV4 with numerous CTD's on start up and if I try to change aircraft.

I flew a great flight earlier today having installed Beta3.0. Then closed P3D. Restarted 6 hours later and got CTD's on startup even though Falcon not default flight. Eventually got sorted by starting up scenario with another aircraft then switching. 

I have a system that can load P3D in 20 secs without traffic so shouldn't need to have these initialisation problems. 

Suggestions - or wait for future releases?  Is anyone else having these problems?

Dean, if by any chance you are using the REX Advantage WX radar, make sure you have the latest update. It was known to cause problems in P3Dv4, especially when trying to reload or change aircraft.

Al

I got wind of that and actually uninstalled it several days ago. So it’s not that but thanks Al. 

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I was experiencing P3D V4 crashing when loading the Falcon 50; i threw away the P3D V4 config file and that sorted the problem out.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Cock. I have deleted generated files several times. 

I had a problem with ctd yesterday,  mine was due to trying to set up the gtn750 stack . It may be down to installing the gtn externally and the stack from the flight1 config tool, anyways it did'nt like the alteration to the panel.cfg file.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I’ll try uninstalling the GTN  and using GNS later - along with any other suggestions that come up.

Dean

Looks like ver 3.0 is available so you may as well have a go with that.

edit its now ver 3.1

bob

Edited by onebob

P3D V4 crashing is caused by the Milviz Radar and they have a new version that solves the issue. There is no other reason for the Falcon to crash the sim.

Loading the GTN 750 has no effect of CTD. Also you should not manually install using their tool a popup message appears that this was custom installed. And will cause issues. We do include a tutorial on our help page that show you how to change some options without disturbing the panel cfg. Each time you use our management tool a new panel cfg is created and you start all over anyways.

So the CTD has to be the Milvix radar.