Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

FFS Saab 340 IS available now for d/l

if you are a VC only guy like myself, be warned, you CANNOT fly this airplane in the VC. I cant even switch on and off lights and there is no dome light or night lighting that I know of. what a disappointment. I sure hope they fix this

Guest Bob_Jones

Alex,There certainly is lighting in the VC, dome, panel and gauges, and all switches work 100%I'm not sure what you are doing to not have anything light up or work, but through out the beta testing, this has never been an issue.Have you read the manual?Regards,Bob JonesFlight Factory-Simulations

thats really bizzare. I took the cargo variant out for a flight. started cold and dark. loaded up and went to the VC view, and could not click anything, not the throttles, the lights, etc.went to the 2d panel and was able to turn on the battery, and finally start the engines and taxi and takeoff.is this an issue with the cargo version possibly? I will try the other modelsI appologize for jumping the gun, I did not realize it is supposed to work

Hey Alex, Did you try it again? I just sent an E-mail to the Devs asking them if the VC is fully functional and is there glass textures in the cockpit and other windows, so it doesn't look like empty holes. I am curious if the problem you had is just a fluke, or a bug. Can you post back your results? Also, does the VC look nicer than the pic on the website? That looks like it was zoomed out and making it look distorted a bit. Thanks Alex.

>Hey Alex, Did you try it again? I just sent an E-mail to the>Devs asking them if the VC is fully functional and is there>glass textures in the cockpit and other windows, so it doesn't>look like empty holes. I am curious if the problem you had is>just a fluke, or a bug. Can you post back your results? Also,>does the VC look nicer than the pic on the website? That looks>like it was zoomed out and making it look distorted a bit.>Thanks Alex.No glass textures on the VC windows, unfortunately. :(I am also having some trouble reading some of the buttons (very few though) in the VC (blurry text).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Alex, when you turn the lights on in the VC, you have to click above the switch, i.e., where the switch knob/tab will be once it is "on".Hope this helps.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Mesa

I've heard enough. I'll stick with my PMDG 1900's!

>I've heard enough. I'll stick with my PMDG 1900's!Why is that?

Ark

All VCs in all models are clickable. In the Cargo version for now you need to move slightly forward in the seat and everything will work fine. We Are working on a permanent fix for this.Nick FFS Flight Dynamics Engineer

Krister, Thanks so much for the video. That gives a much better idea of what this bird is about. Much appreciated. I guess my credit card is getting warmer now. Thanks again.

You are most welcome Jeff - I am glad I could help you make up your mind!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I bought it today and have taken a couple of short hops. Very stable handling, excellent quality 2d panel, very good autopilot (has both an IAS and climb mode).The only problem so far is that my system takes a real fps hit with the virtual cockpit version, even when I'm not in VC view. This may well be something to do with my system - I need to do some tinkering.Dale

Dale

Guest CarlHill

>I've heard enough. I'll stick with my PMDG 1900's!I've had the 1900's since their release. I'd put the FFS Saab up against it any day. The VC is excellent. The only reason there aren't any glass textures is because all of the textures were used up on all of the other modelling, there simply wasn't any room left. You have nothing to lose by giving it a fair shot. It is every bit as wonderful as we all hoped for.CH

Curious about the the lack of custom FMS/GPS in this aircraft does this match reality? I ask because at my local airport Merimbula (YMER)Australia I see SAAB 340Bs operated by REX (Regional Express) carry out what I assume to be a GPS approaches in very low visibility. I don't see how this aircarft could land in these type of conditions unless it was using something more sophisticated than VORs or NDBs for navigation. Furthermore a quick google threw up up hits to indicate that SAAB 340Bs do use GPS technology in real life. So seeing this simulation has been three years in the making why resort to the default MSFS GPS to simulate these type of operations? All something of a disappointment. I was hoping for a SAAB 340B equivalent of the dreamfleet ATR or the Majestic DASH 8.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."