Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alemart

Beta download, post your impressions here

I am very impressed with the beta. It runs much better than the demo did and the ch controller bugs are fixed. The scenery is amazing compared to fs2004 even with BEV installed. Flying over the mountains from Elkins, Wva. to Manassas, Va. the scenery is superb! The only bug i have found so far is the game crashes to the desktop whenever i change video/scenery options from within a flight. It looks great on the matrox triplehead display and runs pretty smooth on my current pc with medium settings. Granted it doesnt run as smoothly as fs2004 but graphically its like 10x better so id say it does pretty well considering. Im updating to a conroe system and dx10 hardware whenever nvidia releases their next gen cards and vista comes out and hopefully that will allow me to run smoothly with all options near high.

Guest twsimfan

Thanks for these great shots! :)The pinstriping in the A321 looks correct... should have the support arm for the joystick down... I hope it wont be difficult in the panel file (or SDK) to switch around the co-pilot's screens to where IMO they should be.Also great shots of the G1000.And thanks for the shots of the Maule & Goose in the next post... and nice touch to include the aircraft selection menus. I'm kind of disappointed to see they don't have a Airbus house paint for the A321 but good stuff. :)

Tonight I will be teaching my friend how to do drunken ILS landings, but then I'll be around to just zoom if anyone is up for more multiplayer.

Guest vonVeezelsnider

Is Anyone Interested in taking some screenshots of Calgary International (CYYC) for me?Chris

Guest alfredmanning

Thanks Bill,I just love the feel of the WWII Fighters BF109E in the morning. Without your fix I would have gone back to the demo.

I'd just like to be able to figure out how to do sober ILS landings now that ive become adept at VFR.

Guest andyjohnston

>my 4ghz pentium 4, with a 7900 gt, and 2 gigs of>ram. I didn't even known they had 4 gig processors!

>>>my 4ghz pentium 4, with a 7900 gt, and 2 gigs of>>ram. >>I didn't even known they had 4 gig processors!Wonders of overclocking. There are Pentium D 850s that can easily get like 4.1 and be stable.

>Is Anyone Interested in taking some screenshots of Calgary>International (CYYC) for me?>>ChrisIf you stick your requests in the VC screenshots thread, I'll add it to my list.

>>The way it appears in my computer, the message above his is>this:>>Put all airport/city screenshot requests in the other thread>that I created please.>That is bizarre. Tdraggers post specifically says, "In Response to #123" which is the quick question about illuminated gauges. And that is the post to which it draws from in the tree view.Perhaps your AVSIM user cp settings are strange. (?) Beyond that I do not know, maybe your ISP hasn't refreshed lately (?)RhettAMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You guys probably ain't into that stage yet with the MP but i'm very curious if you can do a transatlantic flight and change MP sessions while enroute. If that's possible i can overcome my slight dissapointment that the ATC system has not been in further development. What i mean is: Can you start your MP in KSFO, file your plan there and contact the various controllers and while onroute change MP session to enroute controllers and finally change the session to a MP of the arrival airport. I guess i'm way ahead with what your upto right now, but just curious if you can change sessions without having to end a flight.Regards, Gerrit

thanks a million!!!! wow, it looks worse in fsx than in fs9! that really sucks. looks like it is still in progress

Hi,Don't have the beta but what I've read is that you choose End Flight to get to the MP screen (sessions, etc.). Of course, I assume you can save a Flight and then load it in single player mode?Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___